Hill2Hill 2013 Who's in?

dyls

This Is going to be my first hill2hill and I started mountainbiking this time last year. So Im really excited to be entering the 100km, dam nervous too! should be a very interesting day out.

I hope the weather holds out, I remember driving through to pmb on Saturday last year and seeing the 45km riders battling through the rain and swearing to myself that I would never put myself through that kind of torture! and 365 days later here I am actually excited to be doing just what I swore I would never do... Oh how the big wheel turns!

Edited by dyls

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Entered.......But if it rains as it did last year, I will sit at the finish with a beer in hand and support the crazies coming into the finish.

That little outing last year with the rain and mud cost me a few rondelas in repairs.

Hoping to do my 2nd 105! After my 1st attempt in 2011 (also after only 11mnths doing the MTB thing), entered again last year and when I showed up at registration to wade through the swamplands to get the compulsory oversized jeep t-shirt I decided right there and then to wait for 2013...common sense must always prevail!

Weather's looking good so holding thumbs!

Entered.......But if it rains as it did last year, I will sit at the finish with a beer in hand and support the crazies coming into the finish.

That little outing last year with the rain and mud cost me a few rondelas in repairs.

I was doing the 45km in the rain last year and wouldn't do it again, the repairs cost way to much!! Sadly I have to miss it this year but next year i'll be there

Edited by Mr Winter

So far the weather is looking good, Everyone I have spoken to says you have 2 choices for the weather at hill2hill.

1) Pouring with rain

2) 40 degrees in the blistering heat.

Im not quite sure which one is the lesser of the two evils! :eek:

I was doing the 45km in the rain last year and wouldn't do it again, the repairs cost way to much!! Sadly I have to miss it this year but next year i'll be there

Yeah I'm sure you will...

Done the big one twice...eish... but awesome..

waaaay too unfit and with added kgs I will be doing the 45km instead

Done the big one twice...eish... but awesome..

waaaay too unfit and with added kgs I will be doing the 45km instead

Im sitting at 100 odd kgs :oops: and only been cycling for a year, I feel alot of pain on the way!

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

I was superfit when I did my first one and did it in under 6 hours. From Hammersdale to finish I was delirious!! My advise to all first timers,pace yourself as the first half goes quickly and is not tht tough but the last 20 odd km are a killer!!! If it is raining forget it!