Paarl-Rotary-Backsberg MTB Challenge

BrandonF_

How does all these bogus results affect the PPA seeding? This race will be one of my best seeding results, but not with the bogus results.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hows that consistency, Mr Sim did 2:26 last year and 2:26 this year

With a broken chain and getting lost I am sure he would have posted a much faster time this year.

Cant see that on the results

the leading 30 km rider caught the leading 45 k riders & then just followed them. this is what i got told , so don't quote me.

PPA wont ever solve all of its issues, but i am fortunate to have a lovely seeding. No traffic and slower riders to pass. For R300 odd bucks a year I wont complain too much.

Yeah - decent seeding is worth it's weight in gold.

Did not do the race so can't comment, but my overall view on PPA is:

PPA = fun ride.

I enter fun rides on the spur of the moment, i.e. race route is close to home, the weather is good and my planned training ride is a boring stretch of tar.

I can see no reason to join PPA except for the overall good cause of promoting cycling, all the rest (seeding, timing, route marking, event "feel" and route difficulty) is very erratic: sometimes brilliant, sometimes pathetic, most of the time half-baked.

Irrespective of the above, if you ride with a fun ride attitude PPA races will hardly ever disappoint.

I somehow added 20 minutes on my last years time!

Last year I registered 42km's and this year just over 45 on the cycle computer.

Maybe I just had a bad day, but I was knackered at the end.

Enjoyed standing at the bridge after my race watching some expensive Cell Phones take a dive.

One poor bloke went too soon after another and when 1st guy sank the bridge was no longer visible and his front end went off the edge and caught his face on first bike frame – looked bloody sore.

What a ride to choose to do after not cycling for a while... d@mn it was hard and I only did the 30km.

Also got lost due to lack of markers but luckily I had good company with me.

Unfortunately I came off on the downhill section, relatively ok and 5 stiches later.

But just wanted to say thanx to everyone that helped me especially my fall buddy, if you on here you know who you are.

What I couldn't understand was at none of the water points after my fall, did anyone have a first aid kit :mellow:

The bridge was amuzing though, first thing I did was handed my phone and keys over but I reckon due to my lack of weight I cruised across.

anyone notice they removed a whole lot of results from the 12 or so guys that got lost due to the super *** route markers ?

Yep,won't effect the 12 guys tho because as said they were in front of race and all probably have a A seeding anyway.Just means better seeding for those that did get times.I've said before,it's only a funride but it seems a PPA seeding means a lot to some people.If you do end up on the front row and A seeding,make sure you can handle that and not embarrass yourself.those front guys will have words with you.

• 11 months later...

Im in, will be my first ride on my new Giant XTC Composite 29er frame (this thing better not let me down)

Just a heads up, NO ON THE DAY ENTRIES

Archived