4 Cyclists knocked down

Firozfx

Any more info on this? It looks like there's no shoulder on this road?

No shoulder but that is where they commute to work everyday , some runt in a car on the cell or picking his/her/it's nose !

Hope they are OK!

Doubt they can replace the bikes though, if there are any hubbers that have something suitable lying around maybe we can help them out?

No shoulder but that is where they commute to work everyday , some runt in a car on the cell or picking his/her/it's nose !

that is what it looks like to me as well

Not nice to see, iv'e ridden that road a few times, it's quite narrow so with 2 cars in opposite directions its quite a squeeze.

The question is. Are we legally allowed to cycle on a tarred road without a yellow lane? If not, then me quilty, but I do make myself as visible as possible ie. strobe lights front/back.

Yes you are- as a cyclist you are only legally required to stay as far left as possible. You are also entitled to use the entire lane, then move left when required, if it is not safe to overtake when the road is too narrow, its not the cyclist who should not be there - its the vehicle that should NOT overtake.

Yes you are- as a cyclist you are only legally required to stay as far left as possible. You are also entitled to use the entire lane, then move left when required, if it is not safe to overtake when the road is too narrow, its not the cyclist who should not be there - its the vehicle that should NOT overtake.

The area between the yellow line and the edge of tar is a designated emergency lane. Legally we are not allowed there either. We do ride there though as it is more safe to do so.

Edited by Big H*

This makes me naar. Shame man poor blokes. These bikes get them to work everyday, they feed thier kids because of that work.

If anybody has more info, surely we can all try and assist with repairs to the bikes.

Strongs Chaps.