Road rash on saddle

Dazshell

Okay, Any help appreciated. Woke up too early for this morning's ride and ended up not getting my foot out the cleat quick enough at the first intersection! (Come on, I am sure we've all done it!) Anyway managed to successfully get my body to take the hit and save the bike other than a bit of road rash on the saddle. Anyone know what to use to make it look nice again?

Forgot what day it was. Thanks V12 for putting it perspective!

:) Actually you could get it resprayed by an automotive upholsterer that does leather re-dying - they can make it pretty much invisible again for you.

I had a selle italia which I bought leather for and recovered. looked great but obviously had no branding on so i couldn't sell it ... still have it ..

Often the PROs decorate their bikes with worn saddles as it is the most effective and worn and comfy.

In terms of Style Etiquette

A worn saddle is all good.

I agree with Dale... I like my saddles old and worn in all the right places. Shiny saddles usually mean you're more about bling thank turning the cranks. Just go with it

Ask your chick for some of her sewing glue,helped the tear on my saddle stop spreading :thumbup:

http://involvingcolor.com/involvinghome/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Fabric-Glue-for-Roman-Blind.jpg

Ask your chick for some of her sewing glue,helped the tear on my saddle stop spreading :thumbup:

http://involvingcolor.com/involvinghome/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Fabric-Glue-for-Roman-Blind.jpg

Bostik makes a similar fabric glue for R13 a tube, checkers sells it.