XT or Avid Brakes??

lollos

So weird. Avid must have made a special set of brakes just for me since I have had only great service from my Elixer 5's and I ride fast and hard.

Lucky me...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go XT. Much better feel and modulation. Somehow Avid's brakes only has an on and off setting and nothing inbetween. So either you crash because there's no brakes, or you crash due to an unplanned nose wheelie. Anyway, that's been my experience so far.

Go XT. Much better feel and modulation. Somehow Avid's brakes only has an on and off setting and nothing inbetween. So either you crash because there's no brakes, or you crash due to an unplanned nose wheelie. Anyway, that's been my experience so far.

Yes, please note, your experience. Avids are known precisely for good modulation while Shimano are known for all or nothing braking.

Lollos maybe go for a ride with Avids that are properly bled and then decide for yourself instead?

XT or Aviod Brakes??

I fixed your question for you.

XT, thank us all later

Edited by ChUkKy

Avid X0 Trails are the best... super strong, great lever feel and excellent modulation. Had zero issues on 1.5 year old set, and easy to set-up, never rubs against rotors. My wfie has a set as well, and no issues there either

But XT appears to be really great as well from all my friends who ride them

Avid X0 Trails are the best... super strong, great lever feel and excellent modulation. Had zero issues on 1.5 year old set, and easy to set-up, never rubs against rotors. My wfie has a set as well, and no issues there either

But XT appears to be really great as well from all my friends who ride them

X0 trails are amazing.

If you bought a car, would you get an Audi or an Alfa? Both are decent, but the Alfa's going to spend a lot more time in the shop.

Learn to rebuild and bleed your Avids properly and you'll love them. Fit XT and the only maintenance you'll do is changing pads.

Your call.

If you bought a car, would you get an Audi or an Alfa? Both are decent, but the Alfa's going to spend a lot more time in the shop.

Learn to rebuild and bleed your Avids properly and you'll love them. Fit XT and the only maintenance you'll do is changing pads.

Your call.

Life is too short to drive alfa's and ride avids....but hear what you are saying :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

Life is too short to drive alfa's and ride avids....but hear what you are saying :thumbup:

But But. You can't be a true petrol head if you haven't owned and Alfa.

I do fancy that new Giulietta though, very pretty car that.... but is an Alfa

But But. You can't be a true petrol head if you haven't owned and Alfa.

hahahaha I was waiting for that one, yes I have owned a set of avids paid my school fees. Alfa, mmm reminds me of a joke

I went down to my local scrapyard looking for a part. I said to the owner

"Will you give me a rear windscreen wiper for an Alfa Romeo 146?"

he replied

"Yeah, that seems like a fair swap!"

Currently riding with Avid elixir's...previous bike had XT on...

Can't really fault the AVIDS THUS FAR.

Regarding the XT's really easy to bleed and maintain...did it all myself in 5min!

But from the look s of it...the Avids will be just as easy... BOTH SYSTEMS STOPS MY BIKE EQUALLY WELL!! And I'm still alive after many km's of trails...