Look Mountain Bike that may be missing

Slowbee

JA THIS IS ACTUALLY A TOUGHIE WITH MANY WAYS OF LOOKING AT IT yes slowbee is trying to do the right thing but there are many angles of looking at it, pay the dude as said crime pays, could be a set up copes trying to catch the people behind bike theft, slowbee can be arrested for "trading in stolen goods" try set up a police "sting" they will laugh you out the cop shop,

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JA THIS IS ACTUALLY A TOUGHIE WITH MANY WAYS OF LOOKING AT IT yes slowbee is trying to do the right thing but there are many angles of looking at it, pay the dude as said crime pays, could be a set up copes trying to catch the people behind bike theft, slowbee can be arrested for "trading in stolen goods" try set up a police "sting" they will laugh you out the cop shop,

or have someone arrested that may be innocent. Perhaps the bike was given to the guy and he is unaware of its value. He then gets arrested and Slowbee looks like a grade A chop for just assuming that the bike was stolen.

or have someone arrested that may be innocent. Perhaps the bike was given to the guy and he is unaware of its value. He then gets arrested and Slowbee looks like a grade A chop for just assuming that the bike was stolen.

as i said many angles to this one,,but someone has to start somewhere and good luck to slowbee for trying

My advice would be: Slowbee, walk away. The law does not judge you by a your intentions, but, by your actions. If caught you will be implicated in the crime.

Report the matter to the police and be done with it, also this potential criminal, now has your name, telephone number and knows how you look, with all due respect, irresponsible move on your part.

My advice would be: Slowbee, walk away. The law does not judge you by a your intentions, but, by your actions. If caught you will be implicated in the crime.

Report the matter to the police and be done with it, also this potential criminal, now has your name, telephone number and knows how you look, with all due respect, irresponsible move on your part.

you may well be right Mackie.

I see so many bikes on the N2, and never assume anything about any of them. He, the seller, could be just as innocent as I in this (a naive view yea).

And if nothing else, some charity will score a few bob come Christmas time.

you may well be right Mackie.

I see so many bikes on the N2, and never assume anything about any of them. He, the seller, could be just as innocent as I in this (a naive view yea).

And if nothing else, some charity will score a few bob come Christmas time.

There was a post on the Hub or on some other cycling page on FB where this guy could not sell his fancy bike,got fed up and gave it to his gardener or something.

So the deal did not go through - the weather was against us. Its raining, ALOT, so we do it tomorrow.

Keep us updated and send the rain up here - we could do with it. :)

Instead of a financial deal perhaps you should consider replacing the look with a SS commuter type bike that will last him a few years?

Assuming though that he wasn't the original thief which it's unlikely that he is.

There was a post on the Hub or on some other cycling page on FB where this guy could not sell his fancy bike,got fed up and gave it to his gardener or something.

That was on the Tygerberg MTB Club Facebook Page, the owner of that said bike should be "Rasta" - The Gardner.