Narrow Wide Chainring Question

missionS

I have just shortened my chain by 2 links on 34 x 10 set up because I managed to throw a chain with the clutch on. Strangely this happened on an itermediate trail rather than the a section of the bumpiest dh track there is in the Cape... a bit of extra tension will probably help calm the chain a bit.

I am finding the 34 perfect for climbing amd cruising even on tar dh. Obvioulsy you will spin out sooner, but its quite acceptable.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After all the talk about it I though I should post a pic of the 38T, not that you can see much of it.

post-4310-0-18646700-1382119283_thumb.jpg

I don't see what the fuss is, if you cant ride up something in 38-36 then its not worth riding.

personally I hate spinning, I would rather push a harder gear.

and to add, its the only part I have got locally that I can't get from overseas, no one stocks the 38T

Edited by Peach.

Bit of a Noob Question? I am currently running a 42/34/24 on my Scott 29ER. But Rarely use the 42 or 24t Rings. Can i just take them off and just run 34t Directly as a 1x10?

Bit of a Noob Question? I am currently running a 42/34/24 on my Scott 29ER. But Rarely use the 42 or 24t Rings. Can i just take them off and just run 34t Directly as a 1x10?

you can but its a normal chainring so you may have to use something to keep your chain in place the point of the woolftooth and raceface is the special teeth on the chainring that is designed to keep the chain in place so yes u can but you will have to have something as backup to keep the chain in place

you can but its a normal chainring so you may have to use something to keep your chain in place the point of the woolftooth and raceface is the special teeth on the chainring that is designed to keep the chain in place so yes u can but you will have to have something as backup to keep the chain in place

best is just get a raceface or woolftooth chain ring you wont regret it

best is just get a raceface or woolftooth chain ring you wont regret it

Thanks for the Advise. Let me shop around for those Chain Rings..

I am considering to import a couple of RF NW rings as there isn't any in the country (that I know of).

Price is $40.00 - $45.00 before shipping & taxes. Quite a fair amount cheaper than CRC at the moment.

Hope bashrings @ $50.00

RaceFace Lite bashings @ $35.00 - $45.00 (depending on size)

Straitline bashrings @ $50.00 (I know it's slightly more than CRC, but CRC has very limited sizes)

I am awaiting an answer from supplier regarding shipping cost as well as shipping time.

Anyone interested should send me PM with regards to size & colour option needed.

If there is a shipment of RF NW ring coming in at a fair rate soon I will rather buy before importing.

post-25067-0-06678200-1382178617_thumb.jpg

post-25067-0-69626200-1382178632_thumb.jpg

post-25067-0-23264000-1382178642_thumb.jpg

Edited by DubbelBuys

We have ONE left in blue...

Next batch will only be available the end of November!

Will you get it Black aswell?

Thanks for the Advise. Let me shop around for those Chain Rings..

Cheapest option will be to drop the two rings and get a guide. A long tooth chainring requires a clutch or type 2 RD. This is assuming you don't have a type 2 or clutch currently.

Cheapest option will be to drop the two rings and get a guide. A long tooth chainring requires a clutch or type 2 RD. This is assuming you don't have a type 2 or clutch currently.

Nope, just have the Normal SLX RD. Yip, was thinking that i should get a clutch type RD.

Thats what I did, managed to get an e-thirteen guide off the hub and running my standard 33T middle ring. Have a normal X7 RD and haven't had any problems so far.

Dont even try without the guide, utter nightmare!!!

Thats what I did, managed to get an e-thirteen guide off the hub and running my standard 33T middle ring. Have a normal X7 RD and haven't had any problems so far.

Yeah. Happily running a CSixx guide with a standard XT RD.

I am considering to import a couple of RF NW rings as there isn't any in the country (that I know of).

Price is $40.00 - $45.00 before shipping & taxes. Quite a fair amount cheaper than CRC at the moment.

Hope bashrings @ $50.00

RaceFace Lite bashings @ $35.00 - $45.00 (depending on size)

Straitline bashrings @ $50.00 (I know it's slightly more than CRC, but CRC has very limited sizes)

I am awaiting an answer from supplier regarding shipping cost as well as shipping time.

Anyone interested should send me PM with regards to size & colour option needed.

If there is a shipment of RF NW ring coming in at a fair rate soon I will rather buy before importing.

check with evobikes I think they import these and may have stock