Narrow Wide Chainring Question

missionS

3x10

Ah. Then apart from CRC etc, the normal 2x10 bolts will work. They're shorter 'cos the big blade doesn't share a mounting point with the middle ring / granny. So go to your LBS and (depending on the LBS) they should have stock of some. That, or grind your existing ones down to the point that they'll work. That's what I'd do...

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

derailleur hanger bolts are the same as single ring chainring bolts

http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/images/sbc_hanger_f_large.jpg

Most bike shops shold have a big ol bag of these.

Ding ding ding!

Awesome patch. Didn't know that!

Ding ding ding!

Awesome patch. Didn't know that!

If you boys would be kind enough to pop into the SS threads every now and again then this would have been old news to you already :P

If you boys would be kind enough to pop into the SS threads every now and again then this would have been old news to you already :P

I've said it before in the SS thread, many of the die-hards there didn't even know that... :P

Edited by patches

Damn, that i didnt know.. Thanks alot.. You see, these SS guys are actually a clever bunch of guys..

Damn, that i didnt know.. Thanks alot.. You see, these SS guys are actually a clever bunch of guys..

More thrifty than clever :ph34r:

More thrifty than clever :ph34r:

Next thing you know and you boys are upgrading to a 1 x 1

Hi Hubbers

Heads-up. All 104BCD Wolf Chainrings will be back in stock from Wednesday. However we have a LARGE backorder to fullfill so those of you that wants some please contact Janos on janos@evobikes.co.za so that he can invoice you and keep some out.

The RF narow wide ring I have works great, but my set up has been plagued by dropped chains. At first only if I forgot to switch on the clutch but then twice, once on the new Mamba and then going down the roughest part of Vasbyt , just below the big berm.

I shortened my chain by two links but still had the chain loss on Vasbyt. My next attempt at a solution was to adjust the derailleur clutch. I removed the 3 bolt cover over the clutch and tweaked the adjuster screw in to the max, which wasnt very far. It seemed to make the clutch stiffer and I gave the bike a bumpy workout yesterday with no chain loss issues.

No conclusions to be drawn yet really - more testing to follow...

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a standard 33T or 34T 104BCD chainring(SRAM setup).

Anybody installing a RaceFace NW have one lying around I am more than willing to buy it off of you.

Please PM me.

Thanks