Narrow Wide Chainring Question

missionS

Guest Omega Man

I'm guessing that since the thread is about Race Face narrow-wide chain rings, the the R515 is about Race Face narrow-wide chainrings...

Of course. Sorry Brain fade.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really keen to pull the trigger but I know on my first ride in longmore my legs will absolutely hate me!!!! Its noe thing training in one front ring but it's comforting knowing it's there.

Decision time though..........

pal I put my 32t wolf tooth on two days before the hill2hill I know I shouldn't have but I like doing stupid things I wanted a time of 5:30 and managed a time of 4:30 i know the route was shorter and there was a tail wind and a few technical bits were taken out the important thing is it still had 1780 meters of climbing and i only had to run 20m up a hill because a chap in front of me lost it a bit i will never go back to the 2x10 setup again it has just transformed my climbing there is no granny gear to sissy out to so you land up going up the hill faster and pacing yourself much better

pal I put my 32t wolf tooth on two days before the hill2hill I know I shouldn't have but I like doing stupid things I wanted a time of 5:30 and managed a time of 4:30 i know the route was shorter and there was a tail wind and a few technical bits were taken out the important thing is it still had 1780 meters of climbing and i only had to run 20m up a hill because a chap in front of me lost it a bit i will never go back to the 2x10 setup again it has just transformed my climbing there is no granny gear to sissy out to so you land up going up the hill faster and pacing yourself much better

Thats encouraging, still limited by my current budget though. Have the bucks for the chainring but not for the derailleur so will stick it out. Dont want to be frustrated by a chain jumping off every so many km's because my derailleur cage is too long and clutchless.

That price is for 32t and 34t only :cursing:

36t is R599

http://www.buycycle....ring-12533.html

Still not too shabby. My one from CRC was just under R750 landed.

Priced at R580 on CRC website (there exchange rate calculator/software is WAY out :cursing: )

It should have been priced closer to R650 on their website, so R600 ain't bad.

Still not too shabby. My one from CRC was just under R750 landed.

Priced at R580 on CRC website (there exchange rate calculator/software is WAY out :cursing: )

It should have been priced closer to R650 on their website, so R600 ain't bad.

That sounds right though... 589 plus vat is approx 680 and then shipping / clearance fees on top of that...

Gave my NW its first test ride. Peach was very curious as to whether it would drop a chain or not. I tried pretty hard to get it to do so, riding rocky terrain while pedaling, bouncing the bike up and down unnecessarily, and hitting a jump or three... but nothing. The chainring didn't skip a beat.

So far... very impressed

That sounds right though... 589 plus vat is approx 680 and then shipping / clearance fees on top of that...

There were no shipping fees, the clearance fee was the normal R35.00 on a R6k order so the associated cost to the chainring was very little. VAT came in about right at 15.94%, a bit higher than the normal 15.4%, but that was due to the Rand weakening in the time it took to get to SA as SARS use the exchange rate on the day that the parcel arrives, which was R16.2219 = £1. The biggest error was with CRC. They were working with an exchange rate of R14.00 = £1, when in actual fact it was R15.68 = £1 on the day (I checked it via Google on the day of the order, after I got the SMS saying how much Ronds came off of my account). A couple other people have noticed the error on their side too so be aware if you do order from them anytime soon.

Thats encouraging, still limited by my current budget though. Have the bucks for the chainring but not for the derailleur so will stick it out. Dont want to be frustrated by a chain jumping off every so many km's because my derailleur cage is too long and clutchless.

used the zee free ride is working a charm and doesn't cost a arm and a leg paid about R1700 for ring and derailer

There were no shipping fees, the clearance fee was the normal R35.00 on a R6k order so the associated cost to the chainring was very little. VAT came in about right at 15.94%, a bit higher than the normal 15.4%, but that was due to the Rand weakening in the time it took to get to SA as SARS use the exchange rate on the day that the parcel arrives, which was R16.2219 = £1. The biggest error was with CRC. They were working with an exchange rate of R14.00 = £1, when in actual fact it was R15.68 = £1 on the day (I checked it via Google on the day of the order, after I got the SMS saying how much Ronds came off of my account). A couple other people have noticed the error on their side too so be aware if you do order from them anytime soon.

Eeek! Noted dude. Just as well they were more expensive than a couple of local options when I bought my stuff! Even with the low exchange rate.

Yup, my last CRC order was R1200 more than what the site stated it would be.

EDIT: ammount corrected

Edited by patches

Yup, my last CRC order was R1800 more than what the site stated it would be.

Yoh, that must have been a BIG order

Yoh, that must have been a BIG order

naaa, not that big. R6600. I see now it was R1200 more that I was charged due to inaccurate exchange rates, not R1800.

But still... boosting R6600 to R7800 is quite a big percentage of error on their part.