29er Dual Suspension Carbon Chinese Frames

Alpine Sports Coaching

Hi,

I know there is a topic about Chinese Carbon Frames, but people are more discussing road bikes and HT frames.

I am looking for information from people that have imported and built up 29er Dual Sus Carbon Chinese Frames, and if possible if anyone has done Trans Baviaans or Cape Epic on one of these frames. Where did you guys purchase and pics of your builds if you don't mind.

Thanks

Hi,

I know there is a topic about Chinese Carbon Frames, but people are more discussing road bikes and HT frames.

I am looking for information from people that have imported and built up 29er Dual Sus Carbon Chinese Frames, and if possible if anyone has done Trans Baviaans or Cape Epic on one of these frames. Where did you guys purchase and pics of your builds if you don't mind.

Thanks

Same places as the hardtails....hongfu, dengfu, flyxii, carbonality

Buy yourself a SC tallboy .Nobody is going to buy your used Chinese dualie when you want to buy a real frame

Buy yourself a SC tallboy .Nobody is going to buy your used Chinese dualie when you want to buy a real frame

At R25k+ for a tall boy frame vs R8k for a CC, there is no great loss if you can't sell the CC frame when/if you are done with it.

It's all about how much money you got in your pocket to spend in the first place. I'm sure a lot of people would love a SC - but few can afford/justify it. :drool:

I have purchased a bike from carbon29er.com and done many miles of riding on it including Epic, Attakwas, W2W, Sani2C and Garden Route 300. Very happy with the frame and my chosen spec and off course the price.

Only thing I think that can be improved would be to have through axle at the rear to stiffen up the rear triangle and I would choose Hope hubs over the Stan's 3.3's. They've given me some bearing issues, but that is no reflection on the frame or the build.

post-5599-0-93773500-1380785664_thumb.jpgpost-5599-0-90304300-1380785832_thumb.jpgpost-5599-0-90976900-1380785884_thumb.jpg

I have purchased a bike from carbon29er.com and done many miles of riding on it including Epic, Attakwas, W2W, Sani2C and Garden Route 300. Very happy with the frame and my chosen spec and off course the price.

Only thing I think that can be improved would be to have through axle at the rear to stiffen up the rear triangle and I would choose Hope hubs over the Stan's 3.3's. They've given me some bearing issues, but that is no reflection on the frame or the build.

post-5599-0-93773500-1380785664_thumb.jpgpost-5599-0-90304300-1380785832_thumb.jpgpost-5599-0-90976900-1380785884_thumb.jpg

Thanks a lot for the feedback. That's one good looking bike. What is the handling and climbing like?

That is one of the best looking carbon 29ers I've ever seen! Fabulous!

The frame looks like its based/copied on a sepz epic s works? I have the hardtail chinese frame and i am loving mine i have also ridden it hard over last few mths with no issues at all. So it looks like the Chinese Carbon is just fine.