SA Enduro series - race #2

Nofearnofun

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, where in Gauteng are we going to have Enduro races? What do we need to do?

It's awesome to see Enduro picking up in SA, but for some (Gautenger like me) it's not always possible to do these events in other provinces (logistics/leave at work/costs etc) & to be blatantly honest, the XC events here suck or maybe I have just outgrown them? (for me at least)

My first Enduro was at Giba, and that was probably one of the best days on my bike in the last 7 years! The vibe, the trials...everything about it captured the spirit of enduro & riding bikes.

Being herded into a "camp" (starting batches) along with 1500+ other riders (sheep) and spending most the time on the trails climbing off the bike at the downhilly bits because of congestion & nervous braking by the chop in front of you, really don't do it for me anymore, not to mention the insane entry price asked, (referring to a recent big sponsored event at one of the best spots to ride in North West)

No,no,no...we discussed it at the bush pub with a trailer trash blonde in hand :drool: IIRC you and slick weren't too sure you could make it :thumbdown:

Hmmmm... My recollection was that we were all keen but just had to confirm? And I only briefly touched the blonde before taking that other one.

So... road trip anyone? :D

Guys, where in Gauteng are we going to have Enduro races? What do we need to do?

It's awesome to see Enduro picking up in SA, but for some (Gautenger like me) it's not always possible to do these events in other provinces (logistics/leave at work/costs etc) & to be blatantly honest, the XC events here suck or maybe I have just outgrown them? (for me at least)

My first Enduro was at Giba, and that was probably one of the best days on my bike in the last 7 years! The vibe, the trials...everything about it captured the spirit of enduro & riding bikes.

Being herded into a "camp" (starting batches) along with 1500+ other riders (sheep) and spending most the time on the trails climbing off the bike at the downhilly bits because of congestion & nervous braking by the chop in front of you, really don't do it for me anymore, not to mention the insane entry price asked, (referring to a recent big sponsored event at one of the best spots to ride in North West)

I feel your pain!

My plan of action for this enduro is, Leave on Friday after work, camp in PMB, practice all day on Saturday, "race" Sunday, Have lunch and chill before heading back Sunday afternoon. Now if only I could get my hands on something like a Hyundai H1 (with a tow bar) that seats many it would make such an awesome road trip and not that costly if your splitting the travelling costs between 6-10 people...

Hmmmm... My recollection was that we were all keen but just had to confirm? And I only briefly touched the blonde before taking that other one.

So... road trip anyone? :D

I wasn't sure, so I had them both, the dirty blond wasn't as good as her name suggests :lol:

I might be able to go, but probably wont be able to get leave - maybe 1 day at most, so will have to do something like nofear is planning.

Some approximate costing would also be useful. Lets see if we can work something out. :thumbup:

I wasn't sure, so I had them both, the dirty blond wasn't as good as her name suggests :lol:

I might be able to go, but probably wont be able to get leave - maybe 1 day at most, so will have to do something like nofear is planning.

Some approximate costing would also be useful. Lets see if we can work something out. :thumbup:

I have found some accommodation +/- 8km from cascades, R90 pppn for camping and R130pppn in a six bed dorm. :whistling:

Edited by Nofearnofun

I have found some accommodation +/- 8km from cascades, R90 pppn for camping and R130pppn in a six bed dorm. :whistling:

That sounds cool, I would have to go with the dorm option though - not much of a camper.

What is your plans right now? Carrying capacity?

Slick, Sidewinder?

I have a motorbike trailer that we can use if need be, can put 4 bikes on that, maybe more.

That sounds cool, I would have to go with the dorm option though - not much of a camper.

Slick, Sidewinder?

I have a motorbike trailer that we can use if need be, can put 4 bikes on that, maybe more.

Well at this point in time I am going down in my little Chev Utility with canopy, If there are 6/7 of us going down and one of us has a car to load people in, I could leave my canopy at home. We load the bikes and gear on the van two of us up front and the rest in the car. Traveling wise if I say R2000,00 per car which should cover fuel and tolls both ways thats say R670,00 per person.

Plus your accomodation and chow.

Slick, Sidewinder?

Okay, I'm in.

Have the Forester with 4 racks on the roof but towing a trailer is an option too. Happy to dorm. Comfortably take 4 guys.

another "SA Enduro series" event happening in KZN.

why don't they just call it the kzn series? or are they actually planning to host some events in other regions.

good luck to the riders racing, enjoy!

So can I say that so far the list below are the guys keen on doing a group trip and staying at the accommodation I can arrange?

Sliiick

Sidewinder

Goose111

Nofearnofun (+ a none hubber friend of mine)

Anyone else?

Edited by Nofearnofun

So can I say that so far there the list below are the guys keen on doing a group trip and staying at the accommodation I can arrange?

Sliiick

Sidewinder

Nofearnofun (+ a none hubber friend of mine)

Anyone else?

Think Goose may come.

A few guys I know have to stay as they are exhibiting at the Cycle Expo

Edited by SLiiick