Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

Don't know why (and your allowed to flame me for saying so) but I actually like this race more than its more famous cousin in March

Maybe its the December-almost-holiday vibe, last race of the year and less pressure to do some sub-something time.

Hope it continues to grow that they can justify some road closures in future

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Entered. My last race before I retire from cycling.

Retiring from cycling ????

did you forget you wrote this "Pain is temporary, quitting is forever."

Retiring from cycling ????

did you forget you wrote this "Pain is temporary, quitting is forever."

Sometimes you have to stop. I am expanding my business and the monday after the Burger I pick up a new truck in Cape Town. That truck need to be kept on the road day and night to be paid, so no time for training anymore. Plus little Breezer will arrive mid December.

Sometimes you have to stop. I am expanding my business and the monday after the Burger I pick up a new truck in Cape Town. That truck need to be kept on the road day and night to be paid, so no time for training anymore. Plus little Breezer will arrive mid December.

All the best.

Don't know why (and your allowed to flame me for saying so) but I actually like this race more than its more famous cousin in March

Maybe its the December-almost-holiday vibe, last race of the year and less pressure to do some sub-something time.

Hope it continues to grow that they can justify some road closures in future

Road closure sal nice wees!

I am a mountain biker at heart. But I absolutely love Die Burger race. Just such a cool vibe, and not as many people to trip over like the Argus.

Also enjoy this one - off to enter now.

The road surface past Drakenstein is pretty lumpy since the works ended. Went along there couple of times over winter training. Gonna shake those bones. Bring it on!

Diarize the 16th and 23d of November for route recce / training rides.

Also won't make 16th, think that's to where they've moved the Val de Vie. But try and stop me on the 23rd! See you there... and thanks in advance for organising this again! Last year's was fun! :thumbup:

Edited by SeaBee

Entry done, can't wait. Legs just need to recover after DC.

Did my first DC last year and then set my best ever Burger time a week later. I reckon it actually helped (ok, I know we had very easy Burger conditions last year)