Die Burger Road Race

Mylolylo

OK let me add names. If you want a better seeding for the Argus, you have to do the burger in dubble the time of the winner or better.

Would you care to do a guestimate of what time you need to do in the Burger to get what seeding for the Argus? Give people an idea of what to aim for. I know it will be somewhat of a thumbsuck, but it could be interesting to see later how close the prediction turns out to the actual seeding.

A=2hrs15min, F=3hrs00min, R=4hrs00min etc?

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you care to do a guestimate of what time you need to do in the Burger to get what seeding for the Argus? Give people an idea of what to aim for. I know it will be somewhat of a thumbsuck, but it could be interesting to see later how close the prediction turns out to the actual seeding.

A=2hrs15min, F=3hrs00min, R=4hrs00min etc?

Argus seeding has always been a bit of a mystery to me. I did Burger in 2:56 last year, and was seeded P I think (1st group behind Nedbank group). A lot of guys went fast last year on Burger though due to the perfect conditions, and I'm also not sure if that ride was used as my main seeding result. Burger has quite a low Beta I think.

Edit - correction was in Q

Edited by walkerr

It will be easier to guess all number and power ball for the lotto, JGR...

Seeding is a dark art - what goes on in those chambers, nobody will know. Esp Argus seeding, because it is affected by different races under different conditions. Plus the route for Burger has changed, so even knowing exactly what one got for which time last year, is no longer valid.

FWIW I think my Burger was about 2:40 or just below last year for G seeding. The year before I rode 2:51 - also for a G seeding.

Edited by SeaBee

My bad. I would suggest doing a shorter distance on one of the local PPA races to give you a gentler introduction & an idea what to expect in Dec. Would also give you a better seeding for the Burger which always helps!

Ah ok, thanks. I'll have a look around to see what's happening.

last year this was a 92km ride. it's now a 97km. where has the route changed?

Old route is restored with completed roadworks in the Paarl region past Drakenstein Prison.

R TURN at bottom of Pniel T junction instead of L towards Simondium.

in 2007 I did a 2h48 burger and was given a c seeding for the argus in 2008. The burger was my only qualifying ride at the time

Old route is restored with completed roadworks in the Paarl region past Drakenstein Prison.

R TURN at bottom of Pniel T junction instead of L towards Simondium.

Think this is the old route.

post-3512-0-58586600-1382533280_thumb.jpg

Edited by DMC007

There were many SUB3's last year...but dont think thats gonna happen in 5 weeks time even if we get good weather.

Edited by DMC007

last year this was a 92km ride. it's now a 97km. where has the route changed?

There's also a minor change between Paarl and Wellington, it seems.

There's also a minor change between Paarl and Wellington, it seems.

Correct - as I read it, we turn off before the long descend past Nederburg onto the Swaelstertpad and link up to the Wellington road from there.

Last year got a 2:29, with a puncture, so think there still a large portion of sub 3 this year, even if we have a south Easter.