SAd but the Hub is not safe anymore!

Ride4Life

Guys Please be careful! The Hub is not safe anymore!!!!! I posted my bike for sale and was contacted by an Nick Edwards (that is if its his real name)

I agreed to meet up so he can look at it. To my suprise he pulled a gun on me and took my pride and joy! This all happened very fast and all I could think of is dont shoot me!

I am lucky that I got of lightly unharmed from this but now Im minus my bike. Not to mention how am I gonna explain this to my insurance. Please guys be extra careful out there! If the Hub adminastrator can maybe contact me to try and get hold of this guys details it would help.

Eish...that's hectic.

Nic Edwards......was this a white guy,age,hair colour any scars.English Afrikaans.

How did he get away with the bike?Did he a bakkie or a carrier on a car?

Have you reported to SAPS?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard luck man, that is rough... sold and bought tons of stuff over the years without any issues - for bigger transactions though always try for somewhere safe and neutral. Times are tough and there are more and more people out there keen to take our hard earned money :thumbdown:

Eish...that's hectic.

Nic Edwards......was this a white guy,age,hair colour any scars.English Afrikaans.

Please give as many details as possible - maybe someone on the hub has had dealings with him or knows him.

Ja can the op tell us more about who the guy was and how it happened?

Maybe we can crowd source a solution to nab him!

i dont haggle or negotiate,,,i cant do it if the tag says R5 and i got R4.95 ill walk out and come back when i got R5 like the tag says

My pet hate, had a guy the one time trying to haggle a 150 bucks garmin cadence / speed sensor down to 100. I just told him straight up, sorry its not for sale to you anymore, he then offered the 150 bucks I wanted, I then declined this offer and said the deal is off. Sold it to the next guy in the line....the scrooge was quite de moer in with me about this, couldn't care rocks.

Very sorry for your loss... but its not the hub's fault, the criminals found a way in as they always do.. maybe you can get details or track them from here if they are on here! Anyway i hope your insurance pays out (i don't have any and should) and i hope the ass*^%$& gets caught soon.. and when they do they should hang him on a bicycle rack!!

Guys Please be careful! The Hub is not safe anymore!!!!! I posted my bike for sale and was contacted by an Nick Edwards (that is if its his real name)

I agreed to meet up so he can look at it. To my suprise he pulled a gun on me and took my pride and joy! This all happened very fast and all I could think of is dont shoot me!

I am lucky that I got of lightly unharmed from this but now Im minus my bike. Not to mention how am I gonna explain this to my insurance. Please guys be extra careful out there! If the Hub adminastrator can maybe contact me to try and get hold of this guys details it would help.

Thats sucks buddy, hope the cops nail him!!!

Could you give more details to the meeting, where it was, time, etc. Just to help others learn.

My pet hate, had a guy the one time trying to haggle a 150 bucks garmin cadence / speed sensor down to 100. I just told him straight up, sorry its not for sale to you anymore, he then offered the 150 bucks I wanted, I then declined this offer and said the deal is off. Sold it to the next guy in the line....the scrooge was quite de moer in with me about this, couldn't care rocks.

I'm gonna do this next time :thumbup:

My best is the guys who call dibs on something and then offer you significantly less than what you are asking :eek:

Eish...that's hectic.

Also, what bike was it?

I'm gonna do this next time :thumbup:

My best is the guys who call dibs on something and then offer you significantly less than what you are asking :eek:

I mean really wtf....I actually make a point of explicitly stating on every ad, "dibs means nothing...I will ignore any posts with it in...the following will secure the item....I WILL TAKE IT"

Picture of bike, link of ad and where did this happen.

Please provide as much information as possible.

Admin should enhance security on the hub e.g. only registered users should be able to see anything in classifieds.

Edit: is this the ad? http://www.thehubsa....70-killer-deal/

I so agree with this.

I hope the BASTARD rides the bike and face plants so badly that not even reconstructive surgery can fix it!