Any brands make really wide/long MTB grips?

Skylark

I'm looking wide/long MTB grips?

Anyone know of something on the market like that.

Something like 15cm/150mm long and as chunky as possible.

Maybe some of those BMX grips may do the job?

Anyone who can point me in the right direction, maybe has used something like this?

Edited by Skylark

I have a set of these ready to go onto the dirt jumper. They are 150mm in length.

http://cdn.bmx-forum.com/3/33/300x300px-LS-337738f4_8494-cult.vans.gum.1.jpeg

The Cult Vans grips are made by ODI in the USA from their proprietary rubber compound and feature the classic Vans waffle pattern design on the grip area for maximum traction and comfort.

Diameter: 31.5mm

Length: 150mm

Bar Ends: Cult Nylon plug style

Edited by Super_mil

You get lock-on grips here from brad820 or w.e. for like 60 bucks.... superstar that tit gonna want 25 pounds to ship 9 pound grips.......... :blink:

Most grips different lengths,solomons got some old bmx ir3 grips for 20 bucks..only white beige and blue though..bmx are usually longer. :thumbup:

I'm looking wide/long MTB grips?

Anyone know of something on the market like that.

Something like 15cm/150mm long and as chunky as possible.

Maybe some of those BMX grips may do the job?

Anyone who can point me in the right direction, maybe has used something like this?

Dial'd bikes sell Dartmoor grips, 150mm double lockon. Pricey but good, had them for a while now

You get lock-on grips here from brad820 or w.e. for like 60 bucks.... superstar that tit gonna want 25 pounds to ship 9 pound grips.......... :blink:

Most grips different lengths,solomons got some old bmx ir3 grips for 20 bucks..only white beige and blue though..bmx are usually longer. :thumbup:

I have dozens of loks lying around so in my case I'd just by the grip itself. I'd probably buy a few, and anything else I may want from Superstar (to make it worthwhile). As for shipping... it's only 5 pounds.

Those are Baus!

But all sold out :(

But that spec is perfect - 150mm wide 34mm diameter and lockon

http://thereformedwesleyan.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/lion-king-pond.jpg?w=470&h=263

Look harder Simba

It's just certain colour locks that are not available. If you go to the custom grip builder you can get basically anything. Or you can just buy the grip if you already have locks

I have dozens of loks lying around so in my case I'd just by the grip itself. I'd probably buy a few, and anything else I may want from Superstar (to make it worthwhile). As for shipping... it's only 5 pounds.

http://thereformedwesleyan.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/lion-king-pond.jpg?w=470&h=263

Look harder Simba

It's just certain colour locks that are not available. If you go to the custom grip builder you can get basically anything. Or you can just buy the grip if you already have locks

Ok shot!

Can I use the lock rings from some Lizard Skins grips?

Look harder Simba

Putting your grips close to 200 bucks.

Even 5 pounds for 9 pound grips is crazy,more then 1/2. :lol: + a 2 week wait..snail mail...dealing with P.O.

Like if you order a 20 pound seatpost ,hell want like 25 pounds to ship it ..he needs a 100 rand flat rate like crc. :thumbup:

But i hear you ..i do order from them. :thumbup:

Ok shot!

Can I use the lock rings from some Lizard Skins grips?

The Superstars I think use the generic type lock rings. It seems the Lizzard Skins use one similar to ODI's which is quite a bit different.

Just to be safe I would order with new locks.

Plus the closed end locks are awesome... far better than those plastic bar end plugs

Putting your grips close to 200 bucks.

Even 5 pounds for 9 pound grips is crazy,more then 1/2. :lol:+ a 2 week wait..snail mail...dealing with P.O.

Like if you order a 20 pound seatpost ,hell want like 25 pounds to ship it ..he needs a 100 rand flat rate like crc. :thumbup:

But i hear you ..i do order from them. :thumbup:

huh?!

They do have a flat rate (of 5 pounds) for practically all items (except rims and wheels).

And just like ordering from anywhere online that charges shipping... one has to make the cart worthwhile.

My last order was 1x seatpost, 1x stem, 1x axle convert kit, 1x chainguide, and 2x ISCG adapters. Shipping... 5 pounds.