Stupid floating adverts

King_Crispy

Matt

I find it totally offensive and illegal that one of the stupid adverts you have allowed on the hub tells me my phone is infected.

My phone does NOT have a virus, which makes this false advertising.

Remove it please.

Also these new adverts are too big and visually unappealing.

Hi King_Crispy,

Could you provide some further details please?

Was this on the mobile version of the site or full version.

We strictly do not allow any kind floating / overlay or otherwise invasive advertising. If something like this has snuck through via Google Adsense I'll put an immediate stop to it, however I can assure you that nothing like this would EVER be explicitly allowed by me.

I got some weird pop-ups on my home laptop last week - invites to chats, make money etc…don't know if that's what KC is talking about.

Nothing on my work PC though.

Matt

I find it totally offensive and illegal that one of the stupid adverts you have allowed on the hub tells me my phone is infected.

Remove it please.

Its probably a Google ad and not a site ad, not all of the adverts on the site are paid advertisers some are Google Adsense adverts the content of which is dynamically altered based on prior Google searches you've made, maybe you searched for Cell Phone, or Virus recently :D

Its probably a Google ad and not a site ad, not all of the adverts on the site are paid advertisers some are Google Adsense adverts the content of which is dynamically altered based on prior Google searches you've made, maybe you searched for Cell Phone, or Virus recently :D

Wouldn't Google ads appear in the ad frames on the page?

Matt

Remove it please.

Such a happy chappy you are

Stop googling crap and then this crap won't appear on your phone

Stop googling crap and then this crap

won't appear on your phone

Hehehehehehehehe......

Stop googling crap and then this crap won't appear on your phone

Why would anyone google this?

post-35786-0-71162700-1381740933_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't Google ads appear in the ad frames on the page?

I'm guessing in his instance it did, your popup wouldn't be related to to the Google ad's I don't think and probably more of a browser issue since its only happening on one PC.

adblock...or....you could try adblock...and if that doesnt work, then adblock....and as a last resort, maybe adblock

I'm guessing in his instance it did, your popup wouldn't be related to to the Google ad's I don't think and probably more of a browser issue since its only happening on one PC.

It's quite unlikely that popups would come via Google Ads. As Tumbleweed suggested, they would appear in the exisiting ad areas on the page.

If anyone else has experienced this perhaps you can provide some specifics? Was it isolated to a specific page / section?

adblock...or....you could try adblock...and if that doesnt work, then adblock....and as a last resort, maybe adblock

Adblock is so anal that even when I turn it off it still blocks everything. :lol:

Adblock is so anal that even when I turn it off it still blocks everything. :lol:

lol...you are correct...i needed to see one of my clients sites with the ads, so turned it off and lo and behold...no ads...that said i would rather fire up ie to see a non adblock site and keep my chrome ad free :thumbup:

Archived