Chain Reaction costs

AndrewF

Hey hubbers.

Need an upgrade to my bars and stem. Been looking around and CRC are by faaar the cheapest. What would duties be on these items? Is it worth it?

Thanks,

Scrumpy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful... CRC's exchange rates of late have been seriously off.

Rather use the Pound currency option and do your own conversions.

My last order CRC said I would pay about R6600. After clicking "Place Order" R7800 odd came off my card.

R1200 is quite a big difference percentage wise.

But apart from that... pretty simple. You will pay a currency conversion fee (which your bank charges), VAT, and a parcel handling fee.

Whatever you do, don't take the "express shipping" option, it then goes via DHL and then the problems start ....

Check out Evans Cycles and UK Bikestore, also good prices, better service.

I have seen an increase in the prices from CRC.

Myself and a colleague have been using Merlin Cycles and their prices have been better.

Also when they have specials, no one can beat them.

Bike parts are free from Import duties, but SA Vat does apply.

I ordered answer bars 2 weeks ago from CRC and some tryres, The bars were delivered to my door via DHL no charge but tyres are sitting at the post office need to go collect them. I'm sure there will be a charge of VAT

CRC not doing it for me, a couple items I looked out today, all but 1 (which isn't available locally at any price) was not any cheaper than locally......

Problem I really had is I use a PO Box. So CRC sends it DHL, DHL wouldn't let me change to street address, only sender could do that, CRC wouldnt change because my Paypal address was the PO Box .... and so on. Filed a Paypal despute, eventually got a refund, parcel got returned what a waste of time ...

Hmmm, thanks for all the comments lads. Still feeling in the dark :P Will check out mentioned stores though.

Thanks!