Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

Any ride anywhere I'm in. As Wyatt said, rather call it an awareness ride and we act like the human beings we are supposed to be. Invite the Press, SAPS, Politicians.

Come to think of it, I will hear what the Tshwane Metro Police has to say, give me a day or two. I know a few guys working for them and someone close to the Chief of Metro Police.

Edited by RudoJ

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bicycle chain whips & pomps. :thumbup:

Yeah, the one Hubber, Rouxtjie, is quite good with d*nnering okes with his pump, we could use his skills

Any ride anywhere I'm in. As Wyatt said, rather call it an awareness ride and we act like the human beings we are supposed to be. Invite the Press, SAPS, Politicians.

Come to think of it, I will hear what the Tshwane Metro Police has to say, give me a day or two. I know a few guys working for them and someone close to the Chief of Metro Police.

As I mentioned earlier, it can be dubbed, Cry the Beloved Cyclist. Spoof T-shirts can be printed for the occasion and proceeds be donated to those in need.Possibly even better, proceeds can go to upliftment programs where this is happening and let the communities deal with these scum bags themselves.

Good point Caerus. It scares me that our fellow riders are under attack more frequently.

Want to go ride tomorrow morning, but eish, its a risk.

These attacks will either continue or increase in frequency if something isn't done. What amazes me is its the guys who where attacked, initiating some action, and all in a decent educated manner. That's something.

I used to live (2008-2011) very near to Matt Street and this crime is maybe new to cycling world but has been going on for last 5-6 years.

Some of the incidents that took place while I was there include:

- During WC 2010 lady almost had her baby taken in a snatch and grab at lights next to Woodlands Mall.

- Had my dog's mouth slit from sharp pole by attacker entering my property

- Had guests in my house held up 2x at gun point and robbed. Houses in our area were robbed regularly. Neighboring house was cleaned out 3x and tenants were fed up and left, new tenants were visited as well.

- Cycling near the larger settlement behind church rode past girl being gang raped. Could do not nothing but split scene before they got a move on me.

- Been 5x in smash and grabs at same light as above. Most mornings there would be 2-4 new piles of glass at intersection. At night learnt not to stop for red lights.

- Friend had his kids/teenage son's bikes stolen from his house

- .... list can go on and on

I know we are all baying for blood, but I think it is best to use the peoples to sort out the peoples. I will be happy to donate a few K towards a reward for the arrest of these pigs. I think one can easily buy the attention of squatters. Who can administrate this? Michael if I remember correctly you are taller than me (1.78) but I have a Carbon Scott Pro hardtail 29 with 1x11 that you can borrow until you get sorted (if your health allows).

I know a domestic servant and a tiler who stay in that squatter camp. Maybe they can spread the word. The squatter community stoned two robbers to death a couple of days ago. Maybe it would be more acceptable to them if they could sell them.

Glad everybody is OK that got mugged stabbed and shot at.

It seems these thugs have no regard for human life,reading these stories.

We need to do something drastically!!!

How about them homeboys with the beemers and black GTI's who live in complexes just a little east from there...

I like the reward idea and will pitch in.

PLEASE DO ME A FAVOUR:

I need the exact details of the incidents that were sent to whoever etc. Especially the versions from the two that were shot at.

I have lined up some Regional Commanders from Metro Police that were requested by the Chief of Tshwane Metro Police.

Maybe this will help, maybe it wont, but the more people knows and are aware, the better.

email me:

Rudolph dot jordaan at gmail dot com ASAP

I see it made the front page in Pta News this morning.

Let's hope this will motivate the Police to start taking action