Cyclist mugged and shot yesterday afternoon close to Woodlands

awesme

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,what about trying this! On the next page in the Pta news is a article covering the "thief" who had his hands chopped off in Plastic view for stealing,so I'd say they also "gatvol" of theft. Now,what would happen if we could meet with the squatter camps senior community leaders and explain the issues and offer a reward....... We would soon get results,and a wheel barrow of limbs!

Probably the best solution you are likely to find. Someone somewhere has seen bicycle's going in and out the squatter camp or knows where they being hidden. Just needs to be put out there that they stolen and whats been happening and that there is a reward, and i will bet on it the problem gets sorted out very quickly.

Edited by Joffter

I would like to throw a little spanner in the works.

Just before the Carte Blanche exposé two bike thieves were arrested.

They are roaming the streets yet again, have been identified and have also been involved in a few more "bike-jackings" since their release.

The problem was that the courts did not have enough evidence to convict them.

Reason for this ,the SAPS yet again did a very half hearted job in acquiring enough evidence.

An investigator was brought in, this guy was on the right track to get the info needed, the problem however is that the funding received to pay the man dried up.

Back then, like now I see people getting very excited and all fired up to deal with the issue, the sad part however is that very few contributed to the fund that was set up for the investigator, and very few were prepared to get their hands dirty.

They had a article last week's Rekord about these specific squatters and how the home owners of the neighboring estates live in absolute anxiety the past few weeks. Police are too scared to react or to get rid of these cowards. Fellow cyclists must please be very careful and try to avoid this area at all cost.

it's high time we take the law into our own hands.... there, i said it.

$hit just got serious!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-fQ4aBGWw3hc/TqEpXg6PhEI/AAAAAAAAD-Q/30KM4hH5xEI/s320/IMG_1980.JPG

A Nazi bicycle with a machine gun mounted to it. Or maybe design a tandem bicycle with the back seat facing the rear with another machine gun attached to it...

All jokes aside, I also cycle in that area every week and I would like to become involved in fixing the problem.

Hi Guys

Dose anyone have any of the mugged or hi-jacked victims details please could you forward it to me because according to the police there was only one incident that has been reported and head office can do any thing about this if its not a reoccurring event.

Regards Luqmaan

It was Michael McDermott from Cycle Lab. Headline news in Pretoria News today, also in Beeld on page 5 today.

Marietjie McDermott

Hey, Marietjie, read both those stories. Sorry to hear. A couple of pages back ENCA's Gareth Edwards was looking for details:

Hi, people on Twitter sent me to this topic.

Does anyone know if the local councillor has gotten involved? Trying to find out who it is and will press them for an interview to find out what they are doing.

Is there a local MTB club in the area?

Are the other people that were attacked (hoping they are ok) on The Hub? Anyone know them?

Back then, like now I see people getting very excited and all fired up to deal with the issue, the sad part however is that very few contributed to the fund that was set up for the investigator, and very few were prepared to get their hands dirty.

YES, very easy to say this will be done and that will be taken care of but strange how the list stays empty when hands should be put up.

I wasn't involved in any of these incidents but have ridden that area before and I want to be able to ride where I want (within reason of course). To protect that right / privilege I am committed to doing something, therefore I (co-) proposed the mass ride.

If we can come up with a workable solution put my name on the list to assist wherever I have skills/ability/means to do so.

I'm seriously tired of this SH..!!

Edited by Izak

Hi Guys

Dose anyone have any of the mugged or hi-jacked victims details please could you forward it to me because according to the police there was only one incident that has been reported and head office can do any thing about this if its not a reoccurring event.

Regards Luqmaan

I know Lugmaan, I also read that in the paper. I love the way the police play it down.

On Saturday I went to the Garsfontein police station and they told me it was not in their jurisdiction and I needed to go to the Boschkop police station. I then missioned over to the Boschkop police station to report the matter and I filed the report, but they said it was in fact Garsfontein's jurisdiction and for my convenience Boschkop will give me a case number, however they will transfer it back to Garsfontein and they will give me another case number. I then phoned Capt Steenkamp to clear this us and he told me that It IS in fact Boschkop's jurisdiction. He said Matt street is the border to the different police sections. Mooikloof side of Matt street (where my incident happened) belongs to Boschkop police station and Woodlands side of Matt street belongs to Garsfontein police station.

As I said before, lists all of this to the reporters. We can't just accept the lack of action by the police, if they don't want to do their work then lets use the media to make them sit upright and pay some attention.

Soos hulle in Afrikaans se, as jy nie wil hoor moet jy maar voel"

For the English guys, if you don't want to listen, then you got to feel the pain.

G

I know Lugmaan, I also read that in the paper. I love the way the police play it down.

On Saturday I went to the Garsfontein police station and they told me it was not in their jurisdiction and I needed to go to the Boschkop police station. I then missioned over to the Boschkop police station to report the matter and I filed the report, but they said it was in fact Garsfontein's jurisdiction and for my convenience Boschkop will give me a case number, however they will transfer it back to Garsfontein and they will give me another case number. I then phoned Capt Steenkamp to clear this us and he told me that It IS in fact Boschkop's jurisdiction. He said Matt street is the border to the different police sections. Mooikloof side of Matt street (where my incident happened) belongs to Boschkop police station and Woodlands side of Matt street belongs to Garsfontein police station.

Is there a local MTB club in the area?

Are the other people that were attacked (hoping they are ok) on The Hub? Anyone know them?

I was the one shot in the helmet and we have a club called the Parkview Night Riders. We ride every Thursday night at 7pm leaving from the Parkview Shopping Centre. For the past two years we have finished our ride coming down Garsfontein road...which we won't be doing anymore.

I'm not sure how many of us will ride this week though, for obvious reasons.

Passing the buck. They know that the chances of them catching the perps using their own Investigative skills is slim to none, and will reflect poorly on their Crime stats. So, "Sorry, it's not our area / jurisdiction, go somewhere else". :cursing:

Is there any one that could identify a very good place in this area to put a sign that would offer a reward for information.

I am asking in sincerity for some help and our company wants to help .

thank you

Shaun.

As I said before, lists all of this to the reporters. We can't just accept the lack of action by the police, if they don't want to do their work then lets use the media to make them sit upright and pay some attention.

G

Awesme, that's all I've been doing. I've been on Highveld stereo, 702 Talk radio, on the front cover of the Pretoria News today, inside the Beeld newspaper today, on various news websites and it will be in the Rekord on Tuesday. I've been doing nothing but trying to get the awareness of these incidents out there since it happened.