[Event] CORONATION DOUBLE CENTURY

Tpp

My 2nd one this year, it is going to be a blast. We are on form this year, we had one team ride together as opposed to none last year. :D

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Sorry excuse my ignorance but why is this event only for teams and not single entries aswell?

That is part of the appeal/challenge of the event.

From the DC website:

"The event is more than just a team cycle race, but rather about participation and team spirit."

Hi all,

Sorry excuse my ignorance but why is this event only for teams and not single entries aswell?

That would dilute the whole ethos,culture and spirit of the event

I would hate to see that happen

Hi all,

You can go faster as a team than solo :P

This ride is the highlight of my cycle year, 90% of that is the training in a team, the dynamics of working in a team and you have 11 training partners for 5 months.

Not sure I could train for this if was a solo event.

Such a viab with the team, different discipline compared to the sprint around the peninsula.

Also having a support vehicle makes you feel like a tdf pro for 90km, if it was a solo viab, would be a traffic jam.

That being said, I did the last 25km solo last year. Was an hour in the hurt locker. Not sure of what pain on a bike was until then. Was motivation enough to train harder to not be the last rider to be dropped.

Just my thoughts on the team thing. Looking forward to it this year.

Hi all,

:D I see FRAIL "liked" your post. That is because FRAIL is about on par with a 12 man team when it comes to toughness. He could probably ride the thing alone and put quite a few teams to shame. :D

Provisional weather for that area is high 20's with sub 20 knot South Easter. The run from Robertson home is going to be challenging, ala One Tonner.

Edited by Cippo

Guest Frail4Life

:D I see FRAIL "liked" your post. That is because FRAIL is about on par with a 12 man team when it comes to toughness. He could probably ride the thing alone and put quite a few teams to shame. :D

Why, Thank You GUYS!

I AM still looking at breaking MY Record, only known person, cycled the Official Argus Route THREE times on race day in Under 12 hours.

Guest DieBees

Why, Thank You GUYS!

I AM still looking at breaking MY Record, only known person, cycled the Official Argus Route THREE times on race day in Under 12 hours.

So we have a druggie in our midst.... Frail, if you need help we can arrange something for you!

On a serious note, that is some great stuff doing it once is bad enough, a second time.... But three times!!!!

That is awesome!

I don't know if it is too late for substitutions, but if anyone knows or hears of a team looking for a rider I am available. I can ride for a team aiming for around the 6 hour mark.

I don't know if it is too late for substitutions, but if anyone knows or hears of a team looking for a rider I am available. I can ride for a team aiming for around the 6 hour mark.

Speak to Chris or Xavier at Bike Plus.You met Chris when he picked up his Garmin you found

Guest Frail4Life

So we have a druggie in our midst.... Frail, if you need help we can arrange something for you!

On a serious note, that is some great stuff doing it once is bad enough, a second time.... But three times!!!!

That is awesome!

I hope you are Just kidding with your comment!

Guest DieBees

About the druggie yes... :). About riding the argus route three times I think is an achievement most if us can only dream of.

Respect.

Why, Thank You GUYS!

WOW!!!!!!

That is awesome!

Frail is just naturally high on LIFE! :thumbup: