2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Know it's old, but I love this video. Captures the excitement of the Tour so well.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was footage of a sprint finish on the hub recently... Lots of pushing, barging etc which you don't notice on tv... Was hectic!

Well worth searching for and watching, http://www.thehubsa....tour-de-suisse/

Saw it, and the videos on Tour's facebook page.

But i want to see a big pile-up. Not with the rider hitting the deck, just watching it unfold from behind.

A bit disappointing. Thought someone would challenge Kittel? Sagan just sat there.

Not just good. But smart too, he knows when he's beaten. Choose your battles, focus on the long-term goal.

Thing with Sagan is always looks as if he is riding effortlessly. . But just to sit on Kittel's wheel while he is sprinting takes one hell of an effort.

Edited by Gen

A bit disappointing. Thought someone would challenge Kittel? Sagan just sat there.

Sagan has got bigger fish to fry. He can't match Kittel on an all out straight line flat sprint and he knows it. That is why I thought he played it brilliantly, he made sure of Kittel's wheel early on and was quite prepared to sit there for the entire sprint. By doing that he made sure of second place and another handful of points. His goal is green in Paris, and his method is consistency.

He should win many sprinter's jerseys in the grand tours in the years to come. Even though he is not the fastest on a flat sprint, he is still young, he is canny, perhaps the best bike handler in the field and what's more he can out climb all the other sprinters to be in with a shout after a hilly stage.