2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will be on the podium? Besides Nibali that should win it. Which 2 from Bardet, Valverde, Pinot, Peraud or TJ? Bardet & Pinot must gain time in mountains to limit losses in TT. Going to be close.

Personally I would like Valverde to hold on to 2nd. It would be great if the 3 young French riders can top off the top 5. Will be great for French cycling and cycling in general

Very tricky to call the final week

The 3rd week is the toughest - from an endurance strength point of view as well as mounting pressure and the mighty Pyrenees.

Dreams are lost here.

Experienced campaigners tend to do better.

Let's see...

Nibs has this in the bag. On that last mountain stage he looked sooooooo cool and relaxed.

But in reality who in the top 5 will do him in for time on the (hilly) TT ?

I'm loving Nibali's aggression and panache, but...

When was the last time a yellow jersey was winning stages for fun and going past climbers "like an aeroplane"?

Personally I would like Valverde to hold on to 2nd. It would be great if the 3 young French riders can top off the top 5. Will be great for French cycling and cycling in general

I think he will lose some time in the mountains but will gain in TT. Its going to be close.

I'm loving Nibali's aggression and panache, but...

When was the last time a yellow jersey was winning stages for fun and going past climbers "like an aeroplane"?

Uhmmm...... you mean like supercharged? :oops: Lets just say its because the only 3 riders who could beat him are not present. I like Nibs but its just not the same when a rider dominates so much and Le Tour has lost its excitement for me this year as its just to easy for him now (easy in relation to previous tours where there were a few riders fighting for the overall). Watching the fight for the minor places which is promising to be good this last week is still not quite the same.

Uhmmm...... you mean like supercharged? :oops: Lets just say its because the only 3 riders who could beat him are not present. I like Nibs but its just not the same when a rider dominates so much and Le Tour has lost its excitement for me this year as its just to easy for him now (easy in relation to previous tours where there were a few riders fighting for the overall). Watching the fight for the minor places which is promising to be good this last week is still not quite the same.

Jeeez Swiss surely you're taking the piss? In relation to previous tours? Not last year or 2012 then when Froome and Wiggo absolutely annihilated the opposition.

Jeeez Swiss surely you're taking the piss? In relation to previous tours? Not last year or 2012 then when Froome and Wiggo absolutely annihilated the opposition.

agree oom, this has been the best / most exciting tour for a while. Who wants to see the sky train dominate...not me