2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any penalty that arose from Majka pulling on the antenna of the moto when he attacked

J Rod protested

?

No news yet.. so suppose no penalty. . That was sneaky sneaky lol

10 seconds and 5 sprint points. If they can cheat this openly they definitely cheat hidden from view. Yes I know it had almost no impact, it's the principle I'm talking about.

And the funniest was DB having a go indirectly at VN about his performance while CF beat VN's ass numerous times the last year or two.

I love pro cycling, because it's like a soapie, but with action as well!!

Oom, I'll spill the beans, the rumour is about AS. It's all over the internet. I'm actually very surprised at how good his bro FS is climbing currently, although he was always the better rider of the two.

Very impressive ride from JC Peraud and he is not young (37).

Valverde and Pinot might be a bit worried

Will be interesting to see if he can recover suffciently and contnue his advance towards the podium, quite a good time trailist as well.

Despite his age he has a relatively short history as a pro road rider and comes from a MTB background having won silver at the Beijing Olympics beating Nino Schurter....

Majka reminding me of Rico

Edit: You're referring to Ricco? Or someone else. Rogers?

Edited by tombeej

10 seconds and 5 sprint points. If they can cheat this openly they definitely cheat hidden from view. Yes I know it had almost no impact, it's the principle I'm talking about.

And the funniest was DB having a go indirectly at VN about his performance while CF beat VN's ass numerous times the last year or two.

I love pro cycling, because it's like a soapie, but with action as well!!

Oom, I'll spill the beans, the rumour is about AS. It's all over the internet. I'm actually very surprised at how good his bro FS is climbing currently, although he was always the better rider of the two.

just watched the clip, there is nothing in it! It is not like it gave him and advantage, he was way out in front anyway....

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tour-de-france-magic-majka-climbs-second-stage-151911355--spt.html

Watching the Tour last night, my 4½ year old daughter asks me where Kwaaikofski is. I was quite amazed she knew one of the Tour riders, and was able to pronounce what may be considered a difficult name.

So I showed her this picture, and she said, "No, Daddy - that's not Kwaaikofski."

post-1372-0-10522600-1406182756_thumb.jpg

After a short explanation from her, I was quite confused.

Then... after I had finished watching the stage, and returned to live TV, there was as advert for this bloke, the real Kwaaikofski.

post-1372-0-34681100-1406182704_thumb.png

Someone at her school has a few of these books, so every time Phil or Paul mentioned Kwiatkowski, she thought it was Kwaaikofski.

edit: spelling

:thumbup:

Last night my wife asked me whether Nibbles still has the yellow jersey?

I laughed and said yes, but his name is Nibali or sometimes people refer to him as the Shark.

She said but that is why I call him Nibbles (I showed her a pic of his custom frame at the start of the Tour).

Nibs will now be referred to as Nibbles in our houesehold :D

from this day on, he will be called nibbles

Ricco

Why Ricco - in terms of his looks/attitude/the way he rides a bike?

Ricco is the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to pro cyclists. I've been a supporter of Majka since last year's Giro and Lombardia. I think he's a great kid with a positive attitude. Not sure where the comparison comes in?

just kinda came off a little cocky/arrogant and superbly gifted on that climb yesterday, the hand off the motorcycle and the winking to the camera was annoying......that's all.

on a side note, am surprised he's only the 2nd Polish rider win a the Tour.....?

Loving the racing but like Andy says they should start enforcing the rules. Sticky bottle, gels, riding on pavements etc etc. Hoping we see more attacks today. Last chance saloon for a couple of riders.

just kinda came off a little cocky/arrogant and superbly gifted on that climb yesterday, the hand off the motorcycle and the winking to the camera was annoying......that's all.

on a side note, am surprised he's only the 2nd Polish rider win a the Tour.....?

It did give that impression.

Nibali has been wearing his "lucky" yellow jersey every day, either the one he won in Sheffield or the other in Arenberg reports l'Equipe, ...they get washed and re-used rather than wearing a new one each day. He's also refused to wear yellow shorts so he doesn't look "arrogant"