2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

The Colonel says hello ;)

post-271-1406227607,2835.jpg

When he retires he can apply to be a gargoyle on the Notre Dame cathedral. He has the face. :whistling:

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking all the comments into consideration, all credit goes to Nibali and Astana for riding superbly.

Questions will always be raised about IF AC or CF was present would Nibali have been this dominant?

From my view, it's not his fault that they crashed out of the Tour. He rode best and deserves the Yellow jersey but I must admit it's been a bit boring. No 1 fighting for the yellow jersey, not many fierce attacks. Contador would have made it that much more exciting and interesting! After Contador's crash, I truly expected more from Valverde.

Contador still my favourite rider, and would remain for a very long time!

I think it was a combination of hiding his (Nibali Nibbles) real form at the Dauphine, peaking at the right moment, and staying out of trouble on those early every stages

We will not see el Pistolero at Vuelta :-( so it will be NQ vs CF! Maybe with the odd attack from Purito!

post-16243-0-59069200-1406274819_thumb.jpg

So for today, I see one big breakaway group with teams mostly who have not yet got a stage win this year, and Jens will be there also, maybe to surprise us with one last attack for a win 5km from the finish.

Nibali did not look so strong in the Dauphine, or was he hiding his form?

I reckon he was saving his matches ALL YEAR to be at his highest peak for le Tour

The only contender for green would be Degenkolb - Kittel is favoured though to take those wins.

Such a cool pic! Where did you get this Dale?

Trademark - Bottom right corner

:-)

They can't argue that constantly making sure you get points(sitting safely in 2,3,4 wheel) rather than going out and winning a stage...is hardly inspiring. Cycling is a romantic sport....I want drama and action, this playing safe the whole time to ensure a green jersey is hondnaai considering you the clown of the tour with your wheelies and stoppies. But hey...he will take green come sunday, not a fan though.

Also why nibs deserves his win...no AC or CF or not....he rode the climbs and attacked. That inspires me.

No. Sagan worked f hard for that jersey. He chased every point on offer to him. The real big sprinters only work on on or to stages and when their trains let them down they back off. He fights every stage. He climbs hard for intermediate sprint points.

He tried for stage wins. Stage2 everyone rode against him. Stage 5 more of the same.

Yes he is a showman, but he is one of the best bike handlers. Look at the way he squeezes through non existing gaps in the final sprint.( without taking himself or others down ( yet )).

Thanks Dale! Cor Vos is an amazing photographer

And him and his wife are also some of the nicest human beings I have ever worked with :thumbup:

No. Sagan worked f hard for that jersey. He chased every point on offer to him. The real big sprinters only work on on or to stages and when their trains let them down they back off. He fights every stage. He climbs hard for intermediate sprint points.

He tried for stage wins. Stage2 everyone rode against him. Stage 5 more of the same.

Yes he is a showman, but he is one of the best bike handlers. Look at the way he squeezes through non existing gaps in the final sprint.( without taking himself or others down ( yet )).

He is playing it safe, maybe team orders.....sure he will get the jersey which like you said he worked hard for...the way he got it does nothing for me though.

He is playing it safe, maybe team orders.....sure he will get the jersey which like you said he worked hard for...the way he got it does nothing for me though.

Also being active and near the front so often will simply mean he doesn't have the kick to compete with pure sprinters on the few stages they are in the mix. It's a marathon, not a sprint ;)

Dont you guys think its ironic how the Giro was dominated by the Colombians, Uran, Kentana, Arradondo(KOM/Blue Jersey) but to name a few and here i haven't seen a single one in the sport light. Are they following the Nibali handbook, Dominate Giro and follow up next season with the TDF?

Dont you guys think its ironic how the Giro was dominated by the Colombians, Uran, Kentana, Arradondo(KOM/Blue Jersey) but to name a few and here i haven't seen a single one in the sport light. Are they following the Nibali handbook, Dominate Giro and follow up next season with the TDF?

quintana should have been at this tour instead of giro, 4 mountain top finishes and a hilly TT meant 2014 was his crack at the big one.