2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Cyril Gautier (Europcar) is the first to try an attack. Who will join him?

He has been a very busy bee

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also with Gautier now are Tom-Jelte Slagter (Garmin-Sharp), Martin Elmiger (IAM Cycling) and Arnaud Gérard (Bretagne-Seche).

Thibaut Pinot (Fdj.fr) also tried to get in a move despite being second overall. However he was quickly chased down and the quartet has quickly gained a minute.

The riders are on the attack but perhaps unaware of what awaits them at the finish in Bergerac. It is pouring with rain, with strong winds blowing over barriers and and advertising.

Rein Taaramäe (Cofidis) has managed to go across to the quartet. He had started chasing soon after they went clear and so has a chance to give Cofidis a stage win.

Behind the Cannonale and Giant-Shimano teams are leading the chase and controlling the time gap.

Rein Taaramäe (Cofidis) has managed to go across to the quartet. He had started chasing soon after they went clear and so has a chance to give Cofidis a stage win.

Cofidis last won a stage in 2008

At km 38, the peloton is under a storm, 3.35 behind the five breakaway riders. It was cloudy but dry at the beginning of the race and it's pouring rain at the finishing town of Bergerac.

Yip, them crazy fans.

BtYfGjgIAAAzVco.png

Wtf

Week 3

Bear supply runs low

Polizia had to intervene with that Hubber

The average speed in the first hour of racing was 42,4 km/h.

The weather on the way to Bergerac is pretty awful with rain and hail storms currently causing problems at the finish where barriers were blown over.

Only 8 of the 22 teams have a stage win in this Tour de France, with Astana leading with Vincenzo Nibali's four stage wins.

Naturally none of the five riders in the break are a threat overall. Gautier is the closest to Nibali but is a massive 57.15 behind the Italian.

Archived