2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Back to the drawing board for Sagan and Cannondale (while the team still exists)

However, primary objective virtually reached - maillot vert winner 2014

post-12015-0-59667000-1406317661_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rojas DQed from Tour after getting a pull from a car (for a looooong time)

That's rare

"I have gone from surprise to outrage and indignation to not understand anything. At no time have I grabbed onto the car nor received any benefit in the descent from the Tourmalet. It would be impossible to hang onto cars while descending a mountain at 80 kilometers per hour. Climbing, I would understand, but [descending], it would be stupid and reckless. It is true that I could benefit a while from the slipstream of the cars, as we all do it every day, but that is not enough to expel a rider. If they applied the same standard in every case, there would be no riders left in Paris."

Rojas, Movistar

From cyclingnews

I've only just managed to watch stage 18, and going to watch Stage 19 now, so I'm a little bit behind.

Downloading torrents from Cyclingtorrents.nl because we don't have DSTV :-)

Stage 18 between descending off the Col du Tourmalet and entering Luz Saint-Sauveur the riders cycled on the D918 alongside a river that burst its banks and wiped out many houses and other buildings last winter. We drove that road in April and they were working hard to put the road right. The route on Stage 18 was seamless - they did a good job :-)

We will soon see if Tejay van Garderen (BMC) can do a great ride and move up to fifth overall. He needs to gain two minutes on Romain Bardet (Ag2r-La Mondiale).

Tom Dumoulin (Giant-Shimano) sets the second fastest time of 1:08:00. Well behind Martin but faster than Barta.

Pinot and Peraud sportingly shake hands before their time trial efforts. May the best Frenchman finish on the podium!

really impressed by JC Peraud this tour. quite amazing coming from a mtb background (beijing silver behind absolon) to possible tour podium.

this is from 2009 when he came out of nowhere to beat all the roadies at the french TT nationals.

Chavanel and Le Lay also have the Tour de France in mind while Péraud will return to mountain biking. "It remains my priority", he insisted. "I don't see myself representing France at the world championship for time trial. I like cycling but I love mountain biking. I'm not prepared to quit MTB but I aim at confronting myself to the best road rider. I would like to join a professional road team and combine road and MTB. I'm not sure about London Olympics though. I'll be 35 in 2012. Cycling is an endurance sport suitable for old athletes but I'll wait for one more year to determine myself about focusing on London or not."

Péraud works as a part-time engineer for a thermo hydraulic station. He has shown to the world of road riders how good cyclists mountain bikers are.

Peraud is in the start house and is about to begin the most important TT of his life.

really impressed by JC Peraud this tour. quite amazing coming from a mtb background (beijing silver behind absolon) to possible tour podium.

this is from 2009 when he came out of nowhere to beat all the roadies at the french TT nationals.

Chavanel and Le Lay also have the Tour de France in mind while Péraud will return to mountain biking. "It remains my priority", he insisted. "I don't see myself representing France at the world championship for time trial. I like cycling but I love mountain biking. I'm not prepared to quit MTB but I aim at confronting myself to the best road rider. I would like to join a professional road team and combine road and MTB. I'm not sure about London Olympics though. I'll be 35 in 2012. Cycling is an endurance sport suitable for old athletes but I'll wait for one more year to determine myself about focusing on London or not."

Péraud works as a part-time engineer for a thermo hydraulic station. He has shown to the world of road riders how good cyclists mountain bikers are.

Yeah, he's got a very cool backstory