2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the TDF presentation on the box, its going to be a good one me thinks. Call me old fashioned....BUT Sagan's hairstyle looked so dof... the only thing that was worse was Lemonds skills as a tv presenter.

Just watched the TDF presentation on the box, its going to be a good one me thinks. Call me old fashioned....BUT Sagan's hairstyle looked so dof... the only thing that was worse was Lemonds skills as a tv presenter.

note bike is wolverine this year.. hence the hairstyle is also wolverine's hairstyle. ;)

I have young boys.. I am on top of these things..

note bike is wolverine this year.. hence the hairstyle is also wolverine's hairstyle. ;)

That bike paint job is nice, hairstyle is ... ok lets just say luckily they have to ride with helmets. I sound just like my old aunt did when I was still a laatjie...how the wheel turns...

Thanx Gen

Please educate 'em

Go, Sagaaaaan!!!

I enjoy Sagan. Last hear he had green hair when he got the green jersey. He makes me see the lighter side of the tour.

He went for the wolverine look and I think he did quite a good job. Even my wife that does not watch movies stated that he looks like a wolf.

Maybe we will see him pop a few wheelies again this year. Quite entertaining.

First let’s review the route. Five summit finishes and one 54km time trial, a route for the climbers, where the winner has to be capable of following the best uphill again and again, forget riding tempo to limit your losses. The three weeks are full of traps, a tough opening weekend, a feared pavé stage and three mountain ranges instead of the usual two with the awkard Vosges mountains coming before the Alps and Pyrenees. This means more opportunity for teams to shape the race and for fate to intervene.

The inner Ring

post-12015-0-73396600-1404419376_thumb.jpg

I enjoy Sagan. Last hear he had green hair when he got the green jersey. He makes me see the lighter side of the tour.

He went for the wolverine look and I think he did quite a good job. Even my wife that does not watch movies stated that he looks like a wolf.

Maybe we will see him pop a few wheelies again this year. Quite entertaining.

Yip

What he brings to cycling is fans.. young fans..

I can't remember who was the green jersey wearer when I was young.. you only knew who won the tour.

My kids follow Sagan closely, they think he is awesome. They aren't even that bothered about the GC riders (added they are team Contador) but they want to know what Sagan is up to. When they play the tour xbox game they are Sagan.

And by 'being' wolverine this year.. he has scored even more bonus points ;)

And to add. They like him as much as they do their favourite football players and tennis heroes. Yes he may have moments where some of the older generation consider arrogant and a show off.. but kids think he is cool, cyclist are seen as many things, but very seldom as cool.

Will Cav' earn that elusive yellow in his mama's hometown where the opener stage ends tomorrow?

Or will Kittel, Gorilla or Demare deny him

Will Cav' earn that elusive yellow in his mama's hometown where the opener stage ends tomorrow?

Or will Kittel, Gorilla or Demare deny him

Even With Renshaw and Pethacci i think Kittle is stronger than Mark and will take it.

This means more opportunity for teams to shape the race and for fate to intervene.

I think the Sky team looks stronger this year than it was last. Nieve is a great addition and Thomas has not only improved massively as a road rider in the last year, but rides without a broken pelvis this year and will be a big help of the lower slopes and medium mountain stages.

There are some other positive additions in the team as well...

Even With Renshaw and Pethacci i think Kittle is stronger than Mark and will take it.

Agreed, Mark may have the stronger lead out train but Kittel could pretty much suck Cavendish's wheel in every sprint then drop him!

Archived