2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Andy Schleck has pulled ripcord and will not continue

I wish it were somehow possible to ban either spectators using cameras, or spectators who are stupid....

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Mrs (Schleck) has let me down on (again) on Velogames - luckily I couldn't afford Cav as my wild card.

He fell on the same side on the Dauphine.... Hope he hasn't caused damage to his hip.

Jeez! After this footage I have no sympathy!! What was Gerran's response?

Cav accepted responsibility and apologized to Simon, so a public response from Simon was not necessary.

Cav- he didn't do it on purpose, it was gross recklessness. It's the kind of thing you get criminally charged for if you drive into someone in your car in traffic.

Cav accepted responsibility and apologized to Simon, so a public response from Simon was not necessary.

besides that, its a sprint

wtf do you think happens in a TDF bunch sprint? they all stand back and let everyone through? no - its barging and headbutts all the way. This has been happening since there was first sprints on bicycles.

no big surprise here

Yeah perhaps, but this seems malicious. And again, yes it happens, but I'm not going to feel sorry for Cav. He tried to cause a crash and came off second best.... Was a Senna move.

besides that, its a sprint

wtf do you think happens in a TDF bunch sprint? they all stand back and let everyone through? no - its barging and headbutts all the way. This has been happening since there was first sprints on bicycles.

no big surprise here

Fair enough, but you don't go and lock your handlebars with your rival. Also, Cav acknowledged culpability with his apology.

Yeah perhaps, but this seems malicious. And again, yes it happens, but I'm not going to feel sorry for Cav. He tried to cause a crash and came off second best.... Was a Senna move.

yeh agree 100%.

I'd be pissed if cav laid a complaint, but he took it like a man

CRASH!!!

Froome Dawg

Looks okay

Looks like it's the same hip he banged in the Dauphine.

I will be seriously bummed if it affects his riding. I've been looking forward to a proper straight shooting contest between Contador - Froom - Nibali for ages now. I need them all healthy into the final week.

Just need to get stage 5 out the way with no casualties so we can move on with the proper battles later.

yeh agree 100%.

I'd be pissed if cav laid a complaint, but he took it like a man

You mean Gerrans? I think Gerrans showed some proper conduct by letting it go. I would have reacted a bit erm... differently...

You mean Gerrans? I think Gerrans showed some proper conduct by letting it go. I would have reacted a bit erm... differently...

no i mean cav... sometimes the guilty party is the first one to start blaming.

Gerrans handled it exceptionally well

Stage 4 on SS221 since 13:30. The language, French, Italian, Zulu? I don't know, but not Eng or Afr....

Andy Schleck has pulled ripcord and will not continue

sheesh, the kid is still only 29 but it feels like he should have retired 3 years ago.

Archived