2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Indeed, Démare will hope to shine on these two days in the north of France. Démare is very familiar with the roads around Lille - his girlfriend is a student there, and he trained regularly on the nearby Roubaix velodrome over the winter. Tomorrow's stage over the cobbles, meanwhile, is a real chance for Démare to follow up on his strong showing at this year's Paris-Roubaix and the stage's presence on the parcours helped to ensure his selection for the Tour ahead of Nacer Bouhanni.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voeckler leads Mate (his partner in the break) through the line at Cassel to take the intermediate points. In the Four Days of Dunkirk, Cassel is usually approached from its cobbled side, but the peloton will face a brief stretch of pave' on the way down this afternoon.

A couple minutes later, Bryan Coquard follows Peter Sagan's first acceleration on the way up the climb to the sprint, but he has no answer when the Slovak kicks again closer to the summit. He has yet to win a stage in this Tour, but it's already all but impossible to see who can deny Sagan a third successive green jersey in Paris.

And Cannondale turn the screw, I think they can see Sagan in yellow. Now that will make my day :clap:

It's crosswinds, and echelons are being forced! This could get really interesting.

Cannondale have cleverly continued their forcing in the crosswinds over the top of the Cassel and down the other side. They're still ratcheting up the pace now in a bid to shake some of the pure sprinters loose before the bunch reaches Lille, not unlike their forcing on the road to Albi last year.

Cannondale have forced a split in the peloton although they don't seem to have rid Sagan of the company of any of the pure sprinters. Kittel and Greipel are still prominent near the front of the bunch.

Joaquim Rodriguez (Katusha) and Pierre Rolland (Europcar) have been caught out, however, and are in a group that is frantically trying to latch back on to the main peloton. At the front, meanwhile, Voeckler and Mate's lead has been shorn back to just 30 seconds.

Michal Kwiatkowski (Omega Pharma-QuickStep) is also in that Rodriguez group, which is reportedly 55 seconds down on the bunch.

The situation is as follows: Luis Mate and Thomas Voeckler are 35 seconds clear of the peloton, while a 30-man group featuring Michal Kwiatkowski and Joaquim Rodriguez is 1:35 down on the leaders and a minute behind the bunch.

55km remaining from 163.5km.

(Ok, I'm heading out for my ride home. Someone else take over.)

Having watched that video of the preview for tomorrow's stage, I am licking my lips in anticipation of some even better racing compared to what we've seen. I hope we're not disappointed.

Cobbles

Narrow sections of road

Think I feel the man-flu coming on, may need to take the afternoon off tomorrow.

The other thing about injuries is the extra recovery energy it takes out of your body. Even slight pain during the night elevates blood pressure and burns more calories.

Yeah!

Let's see how it all unfolds for the champ.

And Cannondale turn the screw, I think they can see Sagan in yellow. Now that will make my day :clap:

Whoohoooooo

Here is the last year one. Heard someone called him the Suarez of the Sprints https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ep9biQeACE

No wonder.....he wasn't wearing his spectacles yesterday was he, thats negligence for sure.

Now, the Stage 10 bump was definitely on purpose. Based on he evidence, I would like to change my previous charge of gross negligence to one of willful intent to do grievous bodily harm, alternatively, assault.

'Sagan' must be X-Men speak for Wheel Sucker...

Kittel and Voeckler though... these guys know how to entertain and go for Yellow :thumbup: .

'Sagan' must be X-Men speak for Wheel Sucker...

Kittel and Voeckler though... these guys know how to entertain and go for Yellow :thumbup: .

Like the real wolverine, he knows what battles to take on. Smart rider does not equal wheel sucker in my opinion.

Like the real wolverine, he knows what battles to take on. Smart rider does not equal wheel sucker in my opinion.

+1

Archived