2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

Dave B... oh dear. Now Sky are set for a bad year unless someone can take the Vuelta, fairly certain the teams sponsorship is back up for renewal this year as well.

As much as I wanted twiggy to be in the tour he wasn't at mountain weight and had been adding Kg pre classics and was adding more for his move back to the track so it would be a big ask to be challenging in the hills.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave B... oh dear. Now Sky are set for a bad year unless someone can take the Vuelta, fairly certain the teams sponsorship is back up for renewal this year as well.

As much as I wanted twiggy to be in the tour he wasn't at mountain weight and had been adding Kg pre classics and was adding more for his move back to the track so it would be a big ask to be challenging in the hills.

Wiggo scheduled for Vuelta I read somewhere

As I said before... for the manager of Sky.... he didn't want to take wigging with...now they have no one !!! Amateur move by them !!! Go Tinkoff-saxo!!! :thumbup:

History has shown that 2 leaders on a team = disaster. Anyway Wiggins was never fantastic in the wet.

The last time the reigning Tour de France winner started and abandoned the Tour was in 1980 (Bernard Hinault did not start in stage 13).

Paul Sherwen's comment; " Looks like Cyclocross out there"

Watching on TV whilst working and they are on cobbles in the pissing rain.

What a day.

I wouldn't want to be a pro rider today

The TdF is being shaken up properly today. Maybe even decided, by elimination.

So sorry for Froome

From CN live:

Contador looks to be on his own but he'll need to work because he's losing time to his main rival. Garmin have Talansky with Nibali so they are helping to put time into the Spaniard.

very sad for Froome.... he probably has problems sleeping as well with such an aching body, but I think the wrist injury played a part in the handling of his bike today..... after all he is only human.

Eish.....a really bad day at the office for these guys.

More like its a really bad day for us to be at the office

Archived