New Cyclelab store

morecycling

We are finishing up the pump/testing track at the new store. Looking forward to riding it?

Pics here

Damn I need to learn to ride a pump track

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new store is going to bring with it awesome service. We have an awesome team of mechanics, and some great people on the team. As always the proof will be in the pudding. So you'll have to pop in check it out for yourself.

And what about all the other stores in the country? Before Amashova I walked into the Gateway store shopping around for wheels. The only person in the store for the 10 minutes I was there was the coffee lady. That would have been fine had I come for coffee, but I go to a coffee store for that.

And what about all the other stores in the country? Before Amashova I walked into the Gateway store shopping around for wheels. The only person in the store for the 10 minutes I was there was the coffee lady. That would have been fine had I come for coffee, but I go to a coffee store for that.

To be fair, a shop cannot have any customers is there is no stock to sell.

I used to go to the Gateway store and buy a lot.

They simply have no stock to sell.

I wish Paul had stayed in the Crescent where he had a small shop chock-full of stuff.

Was a pleasure to stop in.

I feel sorry for him.

Hope it recovers by some miracle...

Agreed.

To be fair, a shop cannot have any customers is there is no stock to sell.

I used to go to the Gateway store and buy a lot.

They simply have no stock to sell.

I wish Paul had stayed in the Crescent where he had a small shop chock-full of stuff.

Was a pleasure to stop in.

I feel sorry for him.

Hope it recovers by some miracle...

Agreed...I am looking for a pair of carbon shoes this weekend, which for me is a big purchase as these items arent cheap. I will not even go past CL Gateway as I know they only have like 3 options for shoes,and I am not going to waste time even going there, and only 1 may be carbon. I honestly thought the store was closing down at one point when I went there earlier this year.

Please, if you guys want to stay in the market, service needs to improve and products bring feet into your store. As a customer it would be great to have another competitor in the market and more options. In stock levels is a key focus area that we measure in the business i work in. I understand the cost of carrying stock, but as a customer, if I see that your range sucks, I will not return to your chain, and I am sure CL must have accessed the cost of a lost customer over their lifetime. It is not just R5k lost on that one sale.

For these reasons I mostly support the owner managed LBS, because when I walk in there the owner gives me the attention I as a customer deserve. He will sort out my needs, and offer me a beer afterwards. I can easily spend an hour or 2 in the store even if I have just come for a tube. This feeling of community is lacking from the big chain bike stores.

The new store is going to bring with it awesome service. We have an awesome team of mechanics, and some great people on the team. As always the proof will be in the pudding. So you'll have to pop in check it out for yourself.

Hope so. it can only improve.

As always the proof will be in the pudding. So you'll have to pop in check it out for yourself.

That will have to be some good pudding, because your current service levels are ultra ***.

You should take a look at Incredible Connection. They are overpriced, I know it, but I have never walked into an IC store and not been approached by a salesman within seconds. I happily pay more because I don't have to waste my valuable time looking for stuff ~ I ask, they get, I pay, and back to work.

At Cycle Lab, the procedure is walk in, stand around like a lost fart while the sales people take care of who-knows-what in the background, then look for the item yourself, maybe find it, but most times just walk out and go somewhere else.

That's my experience, maybe others will differ. But I accept your challenge, and will pop in.

Lets taste some of that ultra service pudding.

Hi Guys, so thanks for the feedback especially around the Gateway store. The reality is that some of the stores currently are franchised and as you are rightly pointing out the service levels are not what they need to be. We will be working hard to rectify this. As you can see from our existing golf business we take this very seriously.

Agreed.

Agreed...I am looking for a pair of carbon shoes this weekend, which for me is a big purchase as these items arent cheap. I will not even go past CL Gateway as I know they only have like 3 options for shoes,and I am not going to waste time even going there, and only 1 may be carbon. I honestly thought the store was closing down at one point when I went there earlier this year.

Please, if you guys want to stay in the market, service needs to improve and products bring feet into your store. As a customer it would be great to have another competitor in the market and more options. In stock levels is a key focus area that we measure in the business i work in. I understand the cost of carrying stock, but as a customer, if I see that your range sucks, I will not return to your chain, and I am sure CL must have accessed the cost of a lost customer over their lifetime. It is not just R5k lost on that one sale.

For these reasons I mostly support the owner managed LBS, because when I walk in there the owner gives me the attention I as a customer deserve. He will sort out my needs, and offer me a beer afterwards. I can easily spend an hour or 2 in the store even if I have just come for a tube. This feeling of community is lacking from the big chain bike stores.

We agree with your comments. Our new megastore in Fourways will have the widest range of stock in South Africa.

Hi Guys, so thanks for the feedback especially around the Gateway store. The reality is that some of the stores currently are franchised and as you are rightly pointing out the service levels are not what they need to be. We will be working hard to rectify this. As you can see from our existing golf business we take this very seriously.

That is the business risk with a franchise model. The franchisee can drag your brand into ***. IIRC this was why Woolies started buying back all their franchised garage outlets and running them. If you are a big customer service brand you cannot allow franchisee's to tarnish your brand as you will see the impact in revenue.

We agree with your comments. Our new megastore in Fourways will have the widest range of stock in South Africa.

Thats all well and good, but doesnt help me out in Durban. Corporate should pay the store a surprise visit, or do some analysis of stock levels. I am sure that the number of SKU's in that store does not exceed 500.

Cough cough....can we expect some "arousing" specials in the opening week...you know keeping with the ProShop tradition and all.

Our new megastore in Fourways will have the widest range of stock in South Africa.

Hopefully at competitive prices to on-line?

Hey MC and CL. You gonna get bashed here up until you prove to the LAYMeN here that you guys are up to the task.

Dig the way you are responding, chin up no frills just business.

I say Show Dem!

See you soon in CT.

Hey MC and CL. You gonna get bashed here up until you prove to the LAYMeN here that you guys are up to the task.

Dig the way you are responding, chin up no frills just business.

I say Show Dem!

See you soon in CT.

Yip, and it is friday on the Hub :ph34r: I definitely :clap: you for the feedback. I would be really impressed and happy for the service and stock issues to be resolved. In that case everyone wins. Consumer has somewhere to spend their money and CL gets to take consumers money.

That is the business risk with a franchise model. The franchisee can drag your brand into ***. IIRC this was why Woolies started buying back all their franchised garage outlets and running them. If you are a big customer service brand you cannot allow franchisee's to tarnish your brand as you will see the impact in revenue.

Agreed.

Cough cough....can we expect some "arousing" specials in the opening week...you know keeping with the ProShop tradition and all.

We are working hard on that.