Ibis Mojo HDR 650b - Build & Review

Iwan Kemp

how hard wearing is the plastidip? If you can remove it easily enough, as soon as you get the wear and tear scratches on the frame, the yellow will show through straight away if it is that easy to remove.

Is that a fact, or an opinion based on assumption and pre-conceived ideas?

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used it on the downtube on my reign for about 3 months. First ride was the dirtopia enduro in Greyton.. rough terrain with plenty roost flying up and hitting the tube. The sound is still enough to send chills but not a scratch on the paint! Ok, so it did chip some of the Plastidip, but I only applied 3 coats - sure Crow is doing more..

I mean who would go to all that effort masking chevrons and only apply like, 3 coats, right?

I mean who would go to all that effort masking chevrons and only apply like, 3 coats, right?

Are you mocking my OCD?! Don't you have a stump to load somewhere?!

Pfft, without a bakkie only way those stumps are getting down the hill is if I drill a quick release through each..

"Mocking"?! Me? Gotta go.. mom's calling.. supper

Pfft, without a bakkie only way those stumps are getting down the hill is if I drill a quick release through each..

Will take them with 20mm Thru Axles!

I plastidipped my *cough roadbike cough* and it seems to be holding up reasonably well.

Edited by Thug

I plastidipped my *cough roadbike cough* and it seems to be holding up reasonably well.

The only places mine started coming off were from the bike stand and rack...

Our resident spray painter and his work of art. We are going to have to re-do. Tape was applied too close to the edges so there's the thinnest of thin lines Vit-P showing in places.

post-1575-0-42509000-1383674125_thumb.jpg

does it look promising though with the black on black over the yellow decals

Yes! Will re-do to cover up the yellow pinstripes. The matte black on the carbon looks killer. Enough of a difference to be a "feature", but still close enough to not look out of place.