Ibis Mojo HDR 650b - Build & Review

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They look a bit stronger than the others, any other real difference?

How long is the wait for delivery from there?

If normal tracked delivery (SAPO tracked) then it's about a week or 2.

If normal tracked delivery (SAPO tracked) then it's about a week or 2.

Two weeks? Damn.

Although my main thinking behind the pedal upgrade is the way I was slipping around on wet pedals when Vasbyt was doing a pretty convincing river impression last Sunday. So as long as they were to arrive before winter I should be okay.

Probably.

I might have to go for the cheaper set and buy two because mini-me will have a hissy fit if I get something decent and leave him out.

Two weeks? Damn.

Although my main thinking behind the pedal upgrade is the way I was slipping around on wet pedals when Vasbyt was doing a pretty convincing river impression last Sunday. So as long as they were to arrive before winter I should be okay.

Probably.

I might have to go for the cheaper set and buy two because mini-me will have a hissy fit if I get something decent and leave him out.

Do it. And the Nukeproofs aren't realy THAT much better, in real terms. They're thinner, which makes them less prone to rock strikes, and they have a slightly beter platform, so they mold to the shoes a bit better. But the V8 copies are brilliant pedals. Cheap. Cheerful. Strong.

And for the price of 1 pair of nukeproofs, you have 2 sets of pedals...

They look a bit stronger than the others, any other real difference?

How long is the wait for delivery from there?

The main difference is the axel and the bearings. The V8s held up to some abuse. They went off to a happy owner on a bike I sold. I would've kept them if the bike didn't need a set of pedals

Guest Omega Man

Had those and they are good. currently have a set of these

http://www.chainreac...dals/rp-prod665

I've got Straitlines. I thought those were grippy until I got Atomlab Aircorps. Yoh! Yoh! Yoh!

@ Marko. If you don't mind a bit of heft I know the bike shed has gotten a shipment of Minion DHF's in. I think they are pretty well priced.

Edited by Omega Man

I've got Straitlines. I thought those were grippy until I got Atomlab Aircorps. Yoh! Yoh! Yoh!

@ Marko. If you don't mind a bit of heft I know the bike shed has gotten a shipment of Minion DHF's in. I think they are pretty well priced.

I'm currently busy being entirely incapable of making my mind up what to buy or add to the bike.

So much I would like to do.

I am currently running an older pair of CB 5050's I don't like the new ones as I have heard first hand of a set that came apart in France a while ago on their maiden outing.....

They are probably the only thing I would spend money on in the CB stable...... They use 3mm grub screws as pins. Height adjustable and replaceable from your local engineering supply shop. And serviceable.

Edited by Grebel

I am currently running an older pair of CB 5050's I don't like the new ones as I have heard first hand of a set that came apart in France a while ago on their maiden outing.....

They are probably the only thing I would spend money on in the CB stable...... They use 3mm grub screws as pins. Height adjustable and replaceable from your local engineering supply shop. And serviceable.

They do look nice but a bit more than I want to spend right now.

Guest Omega Man

My next set of tyres will be Hutchinson Toro's. HD's are cool and all, but down here you need a tire that can handle sand. Lots of it.

Chris Nixon cuts that 2nd from the outer knob off. Just a thought.

I do agree tho. HD no likey sand. not for me anyway.