Dirtopia Enduro #3

niterider

I see Hubber iRide missed the podium by a fraction! Well done! :clap: Was it on the new Trance X 650B?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PoS, you must be an English teacher with your clever use of words back there ;)

DJR, Thanks! Was quite surprised about 4th place as my back brake was non existent in the first 2 stages and I had a small crash in stage 3 (yep, in *that* final corner).

Just highlights that enduro really is more about riding at 80% and most importantly not crashing IMO. The likes of Tom Rood, Gary Barnard and Mark Hopkins and Matthew Lombardi were smashing the stages but all must have had some offs, meaning I could sneak in ahead of them :P

I was on the 2014 Giant Trance X 650B, which I had only ridden twice before and have some way to go with dialing the suspension, but it performed brilliantly and was very happy to have a smaller wheelsize in all those loose corners!

Gary had a big off on SS1, I heard it sent him home to get replacement parts, in Tokai!!

Dan you're right, pace is the key. EnduroJC basically won on this methodology. Fab B kept coming back from crashes and stayed in the running but JC stayed in the comfort zone pushing only when needed. It's about getting into the rhythm but something tells me Meurant's design tried to keep guys on edge! ha ha..

Gary had a big off on SS1, I heard it sent him home to get replacement parts, in Tokai!!

Dan you're right, pace is the key. EnduroJC basically won on this methodology. Fab B kept coming back from crashes and stayed in the running but JC stayed in the comfort zone pushing only when needed. It's about getting into the rhythm but something tells me Meurant's design tried to keep guys on edge! ha ha..

:thumbup:

it's similar to the strategy of some top Dakar rally riders - riders like Cyril Despres and Marc Coma will push hard only when needed - speed isn't always what's needed, but consistency wins races.

Edited by wiledog_x

Ja, Meurant tends to keep things raw- he obviously likes it cos he finished pretty high up on the list!

With the shorter stages here, I find it difficult to get into a rhythm- I was just getting into Stage 3, thinking that I was only about 1/2 way through it, so wasn't even looking out for the traffic cone warning so was really caught by surprise and went 'flying through the air with the greatest of ease'. Weeeee!

On that note anyone want a set of G-Form knee pads size medium (I'd say small)? Used twice, not my cup of tea. R400.

Edited by iRide

Just highlights that enduro really is more about riding at 80% and most importantly not crashing IMO.

Unfortunately my 80% is about walking-pace. And I still crash, but at least the injuries are less serious. :wacko:

On that note anyone want a set of G-Form knee pads size medium (I'd say small)? Used twice, not my cup of tea. R400.

Why don't you like them? If I may ask. :)

Craigwt, I don't normally ride with kneepads and will probably only do so on my DH bike so need a more burly set like the 661's or RaceFace's offerings.

I never leave home without my backpack. It's like riding with an airbag on my back. I fall a LOT!

Is it not uncomfortable when you go to the movies? :whistling: