Magoebaskloof MTB Stage Race

BarHugger

Reading the comments posted......

http://www.thehubsa....32#entry2119069

......considering the location and venue.......

......comparing the possible route profiles with other MTB stage races.......

.......WHAT ABOUT A MAGOEBASKLOOF MTB STAGE RACE?

There was something like the "Crown and Kloof"....info is however a bit scares.

(2-3 days for the people up north)

Edit: Have a look here for more info and pics

https://www.facebook.com/MistyMountainVillage?ref=stream

Edited by BarHugger

Perfect terrain for mountain biking and with what seems to be a thriving MTB club in Tzaneen, I'm actually surprised that there is only 1 race a year in that area.

Perfect terrain for mountain biking and with what seems to be a thriving MTB club in Tzaneen, I'm actually surprised that there is only 1 race a year in that area.

There was one that started at Haenertsberg and went off into Wolkberg.I did it one year

Ping ASG?

I think it would be super. Can have lots of varied scenery, Wolkberg mountains stage, forest and waterfalls stage, and a bushveld stage.

Ping ASG?

I think it would be super. Can have lots of varied scenery, Wolkberg mountains stage, forest and waterfalls stage, and a bushveld stage.

My feeling is something similar to Berg and Bush, a community driven event with the support of a few big sponsors. This just gives an event its own character and legacy. The knowledge and experience of the locals will also contribute to finding the best routes for such an event.

Hi Thug, we also host the Magoebaskloof challenge in May each year.

This year there was a road event and a 45 km MTB event but from next year there will be a 20 km, 40 km and 75 km route on the Saturday as well as the road event on the Sunday.

Its going to be a great event so bring both of your bikes up and do the double.

Cheers,

Ray

There was one that started at Haenertsberg and went off into Wolkberg.I did it one year

Hi Kranswurm, that wolkberg ride is great although very technical and steep.

If you are keen come up on a weekend and I will organise a trip up the mountain!

This year there was a road event and a 45 km MTB event but from next year there will be a 20 km, 40 km and 75 km route on the Saturday as well as the road event on the Sunday.

Cheers,

Ray

Thats not the same as a mtb stage race. I used to have road bike, I got hit by cars twice. I stay off the tar now.

I have done the Road race a few times, one Two Peaks race (Agatha climb then Magoebas), the mtb race once, as well as one road stage race (Tropical tour). All great events, I love the forest there.

Edited by Christie

Cheers,

Ray

what date in May

• 3 months later...

Our event takes place on 3 & 4 May.

3 May - Magoebaskloof MTB challenge

4 May - Magoebaskloof Road Challenge

Both races are Limpopo colours qualifiers if your are residing in Limpopo...

Our mtb marathon and half marathon is going to be a kickass event this year!

Road race back to traditional Magoeskloof route due to roadwork being completed.

Book these dates!!

Contact Dorothy for more info at dorothyrood@gmail.com

Our event takes place on 3 & 4 May.

3 May - Magoebaskloof MTB challenge

4 May - Magoebaskloof Road Challenge

Both races are Limpopo colours qualifiers if your are residing in Limpopo...

Our mtb marathon and half marathon is going to be a kickass event this year!

Road race back to traditional Magoeskloof route due to roadwork being completed.

Book these dates!!

Contact Dorothy for more info at dorothyrood@gmail.com

VERY BIG BUMP.......(this Magoebaskloof.....elevation and climbing) :thumbup:

I need your opinion...

We are hosting our Magoebaskloof Road & MTB challenge in May as I mentioned previously...

We have to decide quickly about moving our venue for the ROAD RACE from Merensky High School on the Sunday morning of 4 May to Magoebaskloof Hotel...which will be the start / finish area...

That means the we'll only have a 70km route which ends with the Magoebaskloof pass which I think is great and the other option a 25km route from the hotel to Haenertsburg and back...

The mtb race will still be from Merensky High school on 3 May and the distances, 70 km, 35 km, 14 km funrace.

What do you think about that?

• 2 weeks later...