Robbed Again - Complex Security help

rad006

Hi Guys

My complex has been hit a few times in the past months by the same guy.

We have extended our walls and installed a new electric fence but he still gets over and makes it look so easy.

Besides a guard or a dog what other security products can we use as these CCTV cameras are useless as he stares right into the camera and we cannot make him out.

I have told the other trustees that we should install a 10 strand "V" shape fence instead of this pathetic 5 strand one.

post-1280-0-72445900-1383654464_thumb.png

post-1280-0-68365900-1383654622_thumb.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chat to a company called Rentsec. The' do off site monitoring solutions as well as high quality cctv, on both purchase and lease agreements. may be able to offer you something.

they hit my shop the other day 1;33 sec in out wham bham, R80K computers,lcd screens and damages, thank you have a nice day, got them on camera gave a copy to the "inspector" a waste of what ever a disc costs nowadays

short of stopping him your self with a bullet( i know tree huggers) nothing will come of it, police are to useless, security companies are to slow,

THIS IS AFRICA BUDDY IF YOU NOT PREPARED TO TAKE CARE OF IT YOURSELF YOU BEST START ACCEPTING IT

I was thinking of some type of wall beam or something?

early warning beam.......best case scenario you catch him .....THEN WHAT???? you catch him cable tie him wait for the cops to come,,,,,,tomorrow morning you will be arrested for assault i assure you

early warning beam.......best case scenario you catch him .....THEN WHAT???? you catch him cable tie him wait for the cops to come,,,,,,tomorrow morning you will be arrested for assault i assure you

I was thinking of feeding him to pigs hahahahaha, apparently they eat everything....

I was thinking of feeding him to pigs hahahahaha, apparently they eat everything....

i know a mate who was arrested, long story short, lawyers and a huge bill, the "shopper" got a free meal and a roof over his head for 1 night

Hi Guys

My complex has been hit a few times in the past months by the same guy.

We have extended our walls and installed a new electric fence but he still gets over and makes it look so easy.

Besides a guard or a dog what other security products can we use as these CCTV cameras are useless as he stares right into the camera and we cannot make him out.

I have told the other trustees that we should install a 10 strand "V" shape fence instead of this pathetic 5 strand one.

Looks very similar to a complex in Randburg that I do work at. Your caretakers name is not Cliff by any chance?

what area are you in?

also have you sent the surveillance pics to the cops?

have they ever bothered to come take prints?

do you have a community policing forum?

do you know what his access point is (considering you have CCTV)

do you have a security guard on the premises?

did these burglaries happen after a bout of maintenance or building work done?

agree that the 5 strand electric fence is useless - we recently had our changed as well. is your electric fence hooked up to a security company or an alarm system?

Looks very similar to a complex in Randburg that I do work at. Your caretakers name is not Cliff by any chance?

No its Ian but it is in Ferndale ;-)

Depends on how much money your complex has and is willing to spend.

Best thing is Palisade electric fencing.

Big thing is though,

anything can be bypassed by someone who wants in.

Security in any format is only ever a deterrent.

My complex got robbed the other day but the owner of the unit was stupid and left his garage open when he was out.

You still have to look at each property on its own safety merits and then the complex as a whole.