2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful view...

http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10623736_1482254722038198_454715338_n.jpg

That makes me jealous

You sure? Must be a glitch :)

Bike looks good!

Can't say for sure...will have to go test again. Was measured on a Garmin Edge 510 

Hey Peeps,

I want to order a reverb stealth from chain reaction cycles. I know its a 30.9 diameter, but unsure on what length I should buy. They have 380mm, 420mm, 430mm. Its a medium size frame. Any advice?

As far as i know, the different lengths affect the overall drop as well as how far you can extend it from the seat tube. What you need to do is measure the overall amount of seatpost that is extended from your frame at the moment, and then depending on that, decide which travel version you can get. No use getting the 150mm version (I think they've started making them in 150 now) if there's only 135mm of exposed seatpost on your bike now. 

The overall length is the tertiary consideration. 

1 - diameter

2 - travel (directly related to how much of your existing post is exposed - remember to account for an extra inch for the collett that sits above the seat clamp)

3 - length

Also look locally - you may be surprised at the cost and it may be cheaper to get it here. 

The three lengths have respectively 100mm, 125mm and 150mm travel. The longer ones obviously also weigh more.

Thanks,

Looks like the 125 is the right one.

How does R4000 new sound? You think I can get one in SA for that?

Yes you can. (Well almost that price)

PM me.

Thanks,

Measure first. That is a good price, but try it. Remember to add 15.4% to that price, and also the cost of shipping - DO NOT go for priority tracked. You must go for DHL. 

Can't believe i just said that...

Measure first. That is a good price, but try it. Remember to add 15.4% to that price, and also the cost of shipping - DO NOT go for priority tracked. You must go for DHL. 

Can't believe i just said that...

Do you know how the DHL guys charge?

Clearance fees, extra delivery charge.

Or is it just the 15.4% ? (On parts- no clothing)

Do you know how the DHL guys charge?

Clearance fees, extra delivery charge.

Or is it just the 15.4% ? (On parts- no clothing)

DHL charges I think a R 150 to R 300 clearance fee or something. Not entirely sure, as I think it depends on the size of the package. But you don't want Parcelforce, as that will just use the SAPO. 

So - on the Stealth, which is R 4,070 - you can expect to pay R 600 VAT, plus shipping of R 250 and then handling fees of approx R 150 or R 200.

So you'll end up paying R 5,120 with a R 200 clearance fee. 

Which is why I say, look locally. 

DHL charges I think a R 150 to R 300 clearance fee or something. Not entirely sure, as I think it depends on the size of the package. But you don't want Parcelforce, as that will just use the SAPO. 

So - on the Stealth, which is R 4,070 - you can expect to pay R 600 VAT, plus shipping of R 250 and then handling fees of approx R 150 or R 200.

So you'll end up paying R 5,120 with a R 200 clearance fee. 

Which is why I say, look locally. 

I was quoted R4400 for a 2015 Stealth (which includes the connctamajig & bleed kit)

Was asking as I am looking into making up an order of some components (drive train & cockpit).

Guest Omega Man

Thanks,

A dropper is something you want to get locally. I don't know exact pricing but saving a few R100 might cost you in the long run. They do require maintenance and there are failures from time to time. So you want local backup. You don't want to be ball aching with CRC on a warranty issue. plus as others have said the advertised price on CRC is not the amount of money that leaves your wallet.

Also If you're a taller guy try to get the 150mm (provided it fits in your frame of course) I've got mates who are tall and the 125mm posts aren't enough and they still fiddle with QR's on the trail.

I did 87.22km/h at Meerendal on Sunday with this beast  :w00t:

love to know which section of meerendal you can get to that speed?

Archived