2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What tyres are you guys running?  Asseblief

I have Nobby Nic's full Snakeskin etc, ride at 2bar pressure and still punctures on a regular basis. Oh, and I really do not ride hard or in rocky terrain.

Also the tyre is so floppy that once punctured it un-seats and just will not re-seat with pumping (ha, ha) or a bomb.  I have to put a tube in.

My old 26" Maxxis Crossmark LUST's never had these problems.

mazambaan: if you had bothered to read up about snakeskin, you'll have noted it's only to protect against sidewall cuts.  It's not for puncture protection. What model of Nobby Nic are you riding with (i ask because only supergravity models have 'full snakeskin') ? The little blocks on the sidewall will tell you what you have.

You dont need to ride hard or in rocky terrain to puncture.

if you are happy with crossmarks, then why don't you go back to it?

What tyres are you guys running? Asseblief

I have Nobby Nic's full Snakeskin etc, ride at 2bar pressure and still punctures on a regular basis. Oh, and I really do not ride hard or in rocky terrain.

Also the tyre is so floppy that once punctured it un-seats and just will not re-seat with pumping (ha, ha) or a bomb. I have to put a tube in.

What sort of punctures and do you run sealant? Do you run enough sealant? Di you replace your sealant on a regular basis?

What tyres are you guys running?  Asseblief

Also the tyre is so floppy that once punctured it un-seats and just will not re-seat with pumping (ha, ha) or a bomb.  I have to put a tube in.

I also had plenty issues with Nobby Nics.

I am now running a WTB Vigilante up front & a WTB Wolverine on the rear, also 2 bar.

I've ridden more than 500 km's with this configuration & not one puncture so far.

I also had plenty issues with Nobby Nics.

I am now running a WTB Vigilante up front & a WTB Wolverine on the rear, also 2 bar.

I've ridden more than 500 km's with this configuration & not one puncture so far.

+1 for the Vigilante, though I've had quite a few sidewall cuts with the WTB Beeline

Got a Kenda Honeybadger in the garage that I need to fit

Thanks guys - Stan's sealant, topped up regularly (which is a pain as the tyre loses its seal each time) but not replaced. About to try Joe's, just because that is all my LBS had at the time.

As for Maxxis in 650B I don't see the UST / LUST; just tubeless ready. Is this enough?  My 26" Maxxis Crossmarks gave so little trouble I never looked at other tyres so I'm a bit clueless.

Thanks for the note about sidewalls only - My Nobby Nic's have "EVO Evolution Line; TLR Tubeless Ready; Snakeskin; Pace Star Compound with a 3 in the star" all on the sidewall..  Help me here.

BUT I like that Super Gravity model.

Eventually...a helmet to go with my Trance!

Nice. I'm no Giant rider, but I'd wear that. Details, Price, availability?

Nice. I'm no Giant rider, but I'd wear that. Details, Price, availability?

OK found it. The Giant Rail. Launch Spring in the US, 240g in 5 colour options @$130.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, where to go in JHB to check out the 2015 Trance 2?  I went to Linden the other day but had no stock.  What is the "going" new price?

Guys, where to go in JHB to check out the 2015 Trance 2? I went to Linden the other day but had no stock. What is the "going" new price?

Mikes bikes. 26/27k I think. Or cajees but you won't get the same level of service.

Archived