2014 Giant Trance 27.5 2

nolipoli

Anyone have an idea on the frame only cost for the Trance?

Not sure exactly, is this for you?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure exactly, is this for you?

:ph34r: maybe maybe not, let's just say that I have a "friend" asking questions and investigating options that might see a complete re-shuffle of "his" current bike stable

• 1 month later...

Boy am I glad I found this thread. I'm in the market for a new bike... I hadn't seriously considered a Trance until I read this thread. I've read a lot of reviews and everyone seems to be in agreement - that this is an awesome bike that is reasonably priced.

Most of the reviews I've watched and read have been on the 0 and 1 models. Why does South Africa not get the 0 or the 1 models and only get the 2 and the 4 models? Does anyone know a LBS that stocks the 0 or the 1 models?

Assuming I get the 2, what upgrades should I ask the friendly LBS to do on the bike? I consensus seems to be a dropper... What else?

Thanks!

Boy am I glad I found this thread. I'm in the market for a new bike... I hadn't seriously considered a Trance until I read this thread. I've read a lot of reviews and everyone seems to be in agreement - that this is an awesome bike that is reasonably priced.

Most of the reviews I've watched and read have been on the 0 and 1 models. Why does South Africa not get the 0 or the 1 models and only get the 2 and the 4 models? Does anyone know a LBS that stocks the 0 or the 1 models?

Assuming I get the 2, what upgrades should I ask the friendly LBS to do on the bike? I consensus seems to be a dropper... What else?

Thanks!

Some people might suggest getting another fork and/or wheelset, others seem to like them.

It's a pretty solid bit of kit.

Just picked up a frame this afternoon :thumbup:

Been toying with that idea too - building up a bike with exactly what I want bolted onto to it. How much is just the frame if you don't mind me asking?

Been toying with that idea too - building up a bike with exactly what I want bolted onto to it. How much is just the frame if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind you asking as it was for sale here on thehubsa: R5650

Actually have everything together to build it up, just need to sell my current frame and a spare wheelset

Nice!

I don't mind you asking as it was for sale here on thehubsa: R5650

Actually have everything together to build it up, just need to sell my current frame and a spare wheelset

Nice! :) Frame new or used?

Some people might suggest getting another fork and/or wheelset, others seem to like them.

It's a pretty solid bit of kit.

Flowta got the deal of 2014 with this frame!

When I phoned the owner said he NEVER had so much interest in anything he advertised.

If there were like 10 of these frames in that condition & at that price they would have sold in less than a week!

@ Flowta: Keep us posted with the build!

Yup Flowta, you're lucky! Go buy a Lotto ticket right now and when they pay out, buy us all new bikes! How about that? Good idea? ;)

Yup Flowta, you're lucky! Go buy a Lotto ticket right now and when they pay out, buy us all new bikes! How about that? Good idea? ;)

Might just do that

I think Flowta has used all of his luck for the year... :whistling:

What fork are you putting on it, out of interest?

Archived