94.7 MTB Disapointment

1tuff0

The 94.7 MTB race was the disappointment of the Year.

I did the 55km race as part of the Reach for a Dream team.

I wasted 2 hours in bottle necks. Due to this I missed the cut off time and rude staff members directed me back to the finishing line only having completed 38km.

Very disappointing paying that kind of money for such a poorly organised race.

I would not recommend this race to anybody.

I stopped doing it three years ago, the problems are still the same. Cannot believe such bad organisation is associated with the 94.7 Cycle Challenge. The primary school fundraising race is better organised.

I stopped doing it three years ago, the problems are still the same. Cannot believe such bad organisation is associated with the 94.7 Cycle Challenge. The primary school fundraising race is better organised.

I don't think there was anything wrong with the organisation of the event. The route was well marked, hospitality afterwards was great etc.

The problem is that you cannot have a MTB event with 7000 people. They will have to cap the entries going forward in order to prevent topics like this popping up each year. The problem here is greed, not poor organisation.

Momentum 94.7@momentum94710 Nov

1/3 Thanks for your tweets everyone. We are aware of the bottleneck in Leeuwkop. We do apologise.Tried to add some fun, slightly technical..

2/3 elements to make it more interesting, taking your suggestions from last year. Unfortunately, once one rider dismounted, the ripple...

3/3 ...effect was big,due to the volume. The feedback from those who did ride was great. We learn, we go forward, we improve.Thanks everyone!

Like sheep led to the slaughter. They are coining it year after year, X amount times 7000!! They dont care if you didnt "like" it or made the cutt-off or only did 38km of a 55km race. It will remain a cash cow as long as you drop your money in their pocket.

Walk away, save yourself the frustration

I am still stunned that people fall for this crap every year. The Nissan series is pushing boundaries at 2000 riders, then you have the 94.7 mtb with more than double that. Common sense tells you it just cant work unless the route is made up of 6m wide roads, which doesnt really make for much of a mtb event does it?

Its clear the organisers are VERY slow learners, arrogant or very greedy, take your pick......

I am still stunned that people fall for this crap every year. The Nissan series is pushing boundaries at 2000 riders, then you have the 94.7 mtb with more than double that. Common sense tells you it just cant work unless the route is made up of 6m wide roads, which doesnt really make for much of a mtb event does it?

Its clear the organisers are VERY slow learners, arrogant or very greedy, take your pick......

Mike the last Nissan race at Cornwall College had 3500 riders and I never saw a bottleneck. The 94.7 organisers just dont seem to get it. Lucky I missed it, see you at the road race.

we just need more oaks that can actually ride a little bit of tehcnical then we wont have bottlenecks .its a mountain bike race which meands mountains and technical bits , why ride it if you cannot .........stick to the road then

it was well organised its the lack of skill of riders that causes bottlenecks ITS A MOUNTAIN BIKE RACE = MOUNTAINS

enjoyt the primary school fund raiser