Outsurance sues cyclist

sharkbait

This is going apeshit on Twitter. No wonder they are trying to fix it suddenly.

I love how social media is taking the power away from corporates and giving it back to consumers.

link please, I would like to retweet it.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharkbait - I'm not a lawyer, and you may get a very different answer from one. However...

To me this is typical insurance company bullying tactics. Their first course of action is to send an invoice to the other guy (the one who is not their client) and see if he pays.

If I were in your shoes, I'd ignore it completely. One of two things will happen. Either you will never hear from them again, or you will be summonsed (after a bunch of threatening letters) to appear in court. When you do, after he has finished laughing, the magistrate will say he finds it difficult to imagine a cyclist deliberately riding into a stationary vehicle, and also it boils down to your word against the other guy, so stop wasting the court's time.

you might as well be a lawyer!! I'll use your logic!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

yeah, cyclist deliberately crashing into car...what's next??

And Im still waiting for my R400 rant the fuc.... refuse to pay me, my current insurance kicks their asses!!!

When I mentioned that to the operator I was speaking to he became quite rude and defensive. Any way, I am glad that I am not with them. Best of luck to your cyclist friend Sharkbait.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi sharkbait,

Can you please provide us with a claim number or details of the cyclist? We would like to provide feedback on the incident. You can mail me the details to foppena@out.co.za

Thank you,

Alet

This is going to be interesting

1st time poster

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi sharkbait,

Can you please provide us with a claim number or details of the cyclist? We would like to provide feedback on the incident. You can mail me the details to foppena@out.co.za

Thank you,

Alet

TOGTFO

:D

Hi sharkbait,

Thank you,

Alet

Sharkbait - think twice before you respond to this. By doing so, you confirm that you are the cyclist involved.

They are going to sound like they have your interests at heart, which implies they have a heart.

Say nothing. Do nothing. Give them nothing to use against you.

Edit: BTW, it's only a matter of time before they throw around words like "defamation" and "libel". This can only be prosecuted (at huge cost) if 1) it is not truthful 2) it is not in the public interest, and 3) it is not timely (i.e. years later). You get three thumbs up. Ignore them.

This is going apeshit on Twitter. No wonder they are trying to fix it suddenly.

I love how social media is taking the power away from corporates and giving it back to consumers.

From my past experience with outsurance (4 home owner claims and issues with each one, last one going on nearly 9 months), social media and sites like Hello Peter are the only thing that work. Dealing direct with them NIL.

Yah that's "Out of Action" for you....even the innocent feel like criminals after they are finished with you...and that's from personal experience... :thumbdown:

From my past experience with outsurance (4 home owner claims and issues with each one, last one going on nearly 9 months), social media and sites like Hello Peter are the only thing that work. Dealing direct with them NIL.

Yip. Terrible how a company will take forever to respond to your query, but log a complaint on a public forum like hellopeter, and within an hour someone from head office will phone you to try resolve the issue.

So a cyclist is cycling down a parking lot and a guy in his car reverses out infront of the cyclist, the cyclist had nowhere to go but to hit the car. Ok, back window broken and a small dent on the boot. Two months down the line the cyclist receives a letter from Outsurance to pay R16K + for the damages caused. Reasons: the cyclist was in the wrong as he should have avoided the reversing car. After calling the number on the letter it was said that the driver said he was stationary and the cyclist rode into the back of the vechile. I said but he was reversing out and the laywer said that I have to prove that the vechile was moving. My question is how is this possible to sue the cyclist? To prove that the vechile was moving is out of the question so what remains is for the cyclist to just fork out the money. When has the law changed in favour of the driver? Any advise?

And people actually think you get better prices from Direct Insurers because they are nice! LOL

Archived