Outsurance sues cyclist

sharkbait

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Outsurance have so many cases going they cant even trace this one...I mean how many car vs bicycle claims do they have that are pending ;) Maybe its a scam :eek:

Outsurance Will def be seeing ALOT of their clieents moving to other Insurance Companies. Man i Love the Hub.

You mess with one, you mess with all of us!!

I will also be Joining another Company soon. SANTAM looks to be the best option at the Moment. Never claimed for 7 years, but still they increasing my Premium by R410 pm.

Bye-Bye Outsurance

Can someone please give us a quote from an insurance company that gives a better quote on car insurance than outsurance? We can all call them then and claim our R400! Then donate it to a hub charity :devil:

Outsurance Will def be seeing ALOT of their clieents moving to other Insurance Companies. Man i Love the Hub.

I will also be Joining another Company soon. SANTAM looks to be the best option at the Moment. Never claimed for 7 years, but still they increasing my Premium by R410 pm.

Bye-Bye Outsurance

Insurance is such a grudge purchase....but a must. So I don't gauge how good a company is when I am paying...its when I am claiming that paint starts to peel....Santam has never dropped the ball once with me and won't move even if it means saving a buck or two every month.

There is so much insurance fraud going on and it now seems as if the insurers themselves are jumping on the bandwagon by preying on the uninformed.

A while ago my son hit the back of a Prado with his Corsa.(No contest). I was the insured and even though he was in the wrong my "Good" insurance company had no problem. ( That's why its called comprehensive.)

The owner of the Prado was insured by one of the Shark...t companies who tried to claim the full book value of the Prado(R275k) from me for a scratched wheel cover. I told them to GFT and forwarded the claim on to my "Good" insurer. Never heard another peep, not even for the actual damage to the Prado. On following up a while later I found out that the driver of the Prado also had no current licence at the time! So my insurer also told them to GFT.

My point, stay away from outbonuses and bargain bazaar operators and GET ALL THE FACTS.

I love the knee-jerk reaction on this type of post. Everyone is now moving their policies.

Ja, right.

Do you really think that Outsurance cares if 100 cyclists cancel their policies today? I can assure you they don't, and here is the reason:

While 100 people are moving from Outsurance to Santam, another 100 are moving from Miway to Dial Direct for some or other reason, and a further 100 are moving from Dial Direct to Outsurance for some or other reason.

In other words, the wheel just keeps on turning. We all need insurance, there is no way around it, and ALL insurance companies work the same way.

Look at the corporate makeup of our insurance companies ~ most of them are linked in some or other way.

They will get your money, whether you like it or not.

Bye-Bye Outsurance

Geez!! I had two bigish claims in the last three months and mine only went up with R100. I'm with Indwe risk services.

How about we digress even a bit more,

List your insurance company, and comment one premium and claim handling

I'll start:

CIB

Premium 3 out of 5 (5 being good)

Claim 2 out of 5

(Don't like their rule that you don't get the value paid out, you have to go to one of their assigned shops and get the replacement unit there, they pay shop a pre agree amount, I'm not insuring my house/property for them to get an arrangement with a shop that replaces things and get rich at my expense).

G

I know they had a team at W2W. Maybe they follow the Hub. Please keep us posted. Better than Friday Fightclub.

The smug face of the CEO of Outsurance on the TV ad says it all. I I were them I would be offering Sharkbait a new Dogma as a gesture of good faith and throw in a Scalpel for good measure and then plaster all over the hub what bad boys they have been.

Geez!! I had two bigish claims in the last three months and mine only went up with R100. I'm with Indwe risk services.

These are the guys I have been with for 25 years and no amount of Frilly bulls..t will move me. Never had a problem with claims, reinsuring, negotiating premiums or any admin even when I had overlooked certain things.

How about we digress even a bit more,

List your insurance company, and comment one premium and claim handling

I'll start:

CIB

Premium 3 out of 5 (5 being good)

Claim 2 out of 5

(Don't like their rule that you don't get the value paid out, you have to go to one of their assigned shops and get the replacement unit there, they pay shop a pre agree amount, I'm not insuring my house/property for them to get an arrangement with a shop that replaces things and get rich at my expense).

G

Thats the one thing i hate about Outsurance. They dont pay you out for a new bike. They pay the LBS. I would rather want MY MONEY and shop around for a better deal or a better Bike. I even phoned Outsurance, and the Confirmed it.

I am pretty sure that OUT has projected the lost potential revenue over the lifetime of a lost customer, either via potential premiums or word of mouth. It is millions! I know we do it in the retail sector.

Let me guess?? Today or Tomorrow Outsurance will tell everyone on the Hub how they sorted out the Problem and sorry for the Inconvenience and they always put their Cyclist first...

Ye, and it is prob not your local LBS, it is a LBS designated by them to replace the bike with an exact copy, which they have then pre negotiated. And the amount they end paying is way way less than the amount you insured it for, implying instead of paying out say R20K they pay the LBS R14K, saving 6K at your expense, you paid for that 6K insurance cover.

G

Thats the one thing i hate about Outsurance. They dont pay you out for a new bike. They pay the LBS. I would rather want MY MONEY and shop around for a better deal or a better Bike. I even phoned Outsurance, and the Confirmed it.

Archived