DC and the white line

stratus5

No, there is a complainant. We were informed on Saturday night that the issue would be taken up with PPA and that our chairman would be receiving email correspondence on Monday.

Its possible that after coming to their senses, the party complaining has not taken it any further. That would be nice.

So who told you there was a complaint?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still trying to figure out what "winning team" you were part of. Or was the thread title designed to troll?

In case you missed it, that's my complaint. And seeing as PPA rep refutes your rant, what was your point again?

The point was not to be selective. We were not part of a winning team. Its like dope testing the tail-enders and ignoring the pro's. If we get sanctioned in the middle of the field, then so should the pro's. We get disqualified, then so do the pro's and any team that did not break a rule, should become the legitimate winner.

We have received notification from the PPA (with possible disqualification pending) that they have evidence of our team crossing the white line possibly down the back of the Op de Tradouw pass whilst passing a slower team.

As a member of the team I do not deny this. We crossed the white line on a number of occasions as it was the only way to get around slower teams who would not move over.

BUT ... nearly every team that past us crossed the white line.

We have wonderful photo's of the event that show every top team (thanks Facebook and event photographers) riding across the white line on numerous occasions.

So I am sure that the rules will be applied equally and any photographic evidence of any team across the line will be used to disqualify them. The rules will of course be applied fairly and without discrimination.

No, there is a complainant. We were informed on Saturday night that the issue would be taken up with PPA and that our chairman would be receiving email correspondence on Monday.

Its possible that after coming to their senses, the party complaining has not taken it any further. That would be nice.

Stratus, which one is it? Did PPA contact you, or did a fellow team manager contact you? You seem to be retreating VERY fast on this matter. Either PPA contacted you, or you were threatened with a potential complaint from a fellow team.

If the latter, why should we believe your initial post? If there's dishonesty there, then why not elsewhere?

We have received notification from the PPA (with possible disqualification pending) that they have evidence of our team crossing the white line possibly down the back of the Op de Tradouw pass whilst passing a slower team.

As a member of the team I do not deny this. We crossed the white line on a number of occasions as it was the only way to get around slower teams who would not move over.

BUT ... nearly every team that past us crossed the white line.

We have wonderful photo's of the event that show every top team (thanks Facebook and event photographers) riding across the white line on numerous occasions.

So I am sure that the rules will be applied equally and any photographic evidence of any team across the line will be used to disqualify them. The rules will of course be applied fairly and without discrimination.

I am glad I am no longer on the PPA committee as a pic posted like this leaves PPA in a NO win situation!

If they DQ this team then after reading the feed more than half the teams should be DQed but is their photo evidences? So is it a case of if no Photo evidence then team was OK - sort of like a speeding fine!

If they don't DQ the team then are they are saying that their rules are made to be broken without penalties?

Maybe it should just be a case of rules are their for the guidance of wise men and for fools to follow - and as this team did not have any crashes they can be assumed to be wise men!!!!

Edited by Icycling

Stratus, which one is it? Did PPA contact you, or did a fellow team manager contact you? You seem to be retreating VERY fast on this matter. Either PPA contacted you, or you were threatened with a potential complaint from a fellow team.

If the latter, why should we believe your initial post? If there's dishonesty there, then why not elsewhere?

I was told that the PPA had been contacted and that the chairman had received a mail. The original complaint stems from a team car and photos were taken of the "incident".

Based on what I had been told from a trusted party I posted this mail. If the complaint did not go to the PPA, it may have been all bluster and I have been misled. People do things like that.

What possible reason could I have for posting bullsh1t. I gain nothing by making up a story. If it was somebody's idea of a hollow threat joke, then yes they got me and I am the fool, but this discussion had some good points about problems with the race too.

Denny Menchov can confirm he heard of the complaint ... and he was not in our team.

Edited by stratus5

The point was not to be selective. We were not part of a winning team. Its like dope testing the tail-enders and ignoring the pro's. If we get sanctioned in the middle of the field, then so should the pro's. We get disqualified, then so do the pro's and any team that did not break a rule, should become the legitimate winner.

But you haven't been sanctioned. Why are you throwing **** at everyone and their dog?

In 2012 Elites / PRO teams started first at 5am. Why did the organisers change this for 2013?

Let me try and find out.

Nope I don't think you right I was in the team that came 4th or 5th last year and we were about 4th or 5th last to leave!

But you haven't been sanctioned. Why are you throwing **** at everyone and their dog?

I was told we were to be sanctioned. Hence my rant. If I was fed bulsh1t, it does not lessen the point.

I am not throwing *** merely pointing out that if you sanction one, you need to sanction all and I am quite confident that would be every team in the DC.

I was told we were to be sanctioned. Hence my rant. If I was fed bulsh1t, it does not lessen the point.

I am not throwing *** merely pointing out that if you sanction one, you need to sanction all and I am quite confident that would be every team in the DC.

Again, you haven't been sanctioned. PPA on this very forum says they are not interested in you and your club and any supposed violation. What the hell is your point?

And as to the throwing **** comment, why oh why do you cast aspersion on the winners of this event? Sour grapes?

Edited by Cellar

Nope I don't think you right I was in the team that came 4th or 5th last year and we were about 4th or 5th last to leave!

Typo: 2011 start times.

Again, you haven't been sanctioned. PPA on this very forum says they are not interested in you and your club and any supposed violation. What the hell is your point?

And as to the throwing **** comment, why oh why do you cast aspersion on the winners of this event? Sour grapes?

or change the title to something broader if you issue is about consistency in the rules. Also don't see what it has to do with other teams but I also get the best form of defense is attack.

My 2 cents about this topic and other input. I was hired by some teams and corporates to take some images so I was in the thick of it. I am not a tittle tale so NO Team names will be mentioned but there were plenty of teams crossing the line and when I upload the images onto my facebook page, I will make sure not to expose anyone as its not my place. Now on the support vehicles...utter shock! Every time I passed a team I use the right hand side yellow lane and honk my horn as far back as 20m as I approached the teams and when going past but some support vehicles were flying past the teams at high speed without letting them know they were passing so they catch back up with their team. Saw a support vehicle crest a rise while passing a team just to run a approaching vehicle off the road to avoid a head on collision. Another had to push his way into a large group of teams cause he miss judged a opening when a truck approached. Yes 202km is long but if the teams can do the first half without them then why cant they do the 2nd half without them and just have feeding zones?