Bike mechanic courses

Tayyib

I am also looking to do a course in JHB or PTA. I can do most things fairly well already, but I would like to master the shocks, BB and Headset especially

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I've always enjoyed tinckering on radio control cars, planes, and my classic bikes. I would love to do a proper mechanics course on bicycles.

It looks like a few of you are looking at the same - more advanced than the basics, to learn wheel building, suspension work and setup etc.

I'd just like to be able to get my bike dial'd, and be able to play with suspension setups etc. Not to win trophies, but because I like a dial'd bike.

Saw a link to UCI and a mechanics course last year. http://www.cyclingsa.com/Article.aspx?uid=1237

I mean where to all the guys in S.A go? Or do they begin as appies and work their way up in the shop?

I have 20 gigs worth of reasonably collated You Tube movie and pdf tutorials on maintenance and repairs stored on Drop Box if anyone is interested in accessing.. mainly Shimano, Fox, Mavic etc

Covering most important items, shock/fork rebuilds, derailleur setup, brake bleeding, wheel and suspension bearings replacement, BB replacement, etc etc

Edited by RichieT

Otherwise, I also know of someone who is going to be setting up courses in the not too distant future (not sure when) on bike maintenance, in Joburg

I have 20 gigs worth of reasonably collated You Tube movie and pdf tutorials on maintenance and repairs stored on Drop Box if anyone is interested in accessing.. mainly Shimano, Fox, Mavic etc

Covering most important items, shock/fork rebuilds, derailleur setup, brake bleeding, wheel and suspension bearings replacement, BB replacement, etc etc

are you keen to copy it sell it to fellow hubbers? or maybe give it away for free? :whistling:

I am interested in accessing the 20GB's worth of reasonably collated You Tube movie and pdf tutorials on maintenance and repairs please :w00t: pm me the details please :clap:

I am interested in accessing the 20GB's worth of reasonably collated You Tube movie and pdf tutorials on maintenance and repairs please :w00t: pm me the details please :clap:

What he Said! :thumbup:

I'm not sure of the best way to share it. However one way is to PM me your email address and then I invite you to the appropriate folders on my Dropbox. You will then receive an email with a link. You can then browse or download at your leisure.

Must agree with the guys that the park tool manual and the tool box helps in the sense that you can get threw the basics and a bit more. recently myself and the wife went on a mechanic/tool talk that was run by cycle lab little falls and besides what I know already it was informative and learnt more. The mechanic Craig Walker seems to know the ins and outs of road and mtb pretty well. Give him a call on 011 958 1111 and maybe you can set up a one on one with him with your own bike

Edited by Mike_Andrews

What he Said! :thumbup:

Just PM me your emaill address and I'll share the dropbox folder with you

And this applies to anyone else interested

Edited by RichieT

Yes Please!!!