My new Softail MTB

Accelerate

I went from a 29er to a 26" and I don't think its downgrading. The smaller wheels is much better for the type of cycling me and @kragdraad does.

I have also upgraded from a 29er to a 26er .... for the kind of riding I do that is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to correct you that is a full suspension bike, not a softail :whistling: . Nice looking bike though, many happy miles :thumbup:

noob hijack - i thought FS and softail was the same thing? :blush:

I could not achieve the same speed from the bike. I really hope it is the shocks and not the smaller wheelsize.

:eek:

Neither, its the legs, china :w00t:

if I say please will you explain the difference? Please.

A soft tail just has some degree of flexibility in the rear triangle. It usually only gives a small amount of absorption/travel. Look at the pic of the Moots on the previous page. About 1 to 1.5" of travel.

A dualsus will have an independent rear shock and pivots which allows the rear triangle to rotate about a point. Thus giving the frame anywhere up to 8" of travel.

Well OP, once you have gotten the 27.5 suspension set up right and have done some rides along your regular routes, let us know what the difference was.

I also upgraded from 29er to 26er by giving my old 26er to my wife and thereby upgrading my status and home brownie points.