Fat Bike

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, anyone have a fat bike they wanna sell?

Surly or Spez?

Wait proper proper fat bike or just half a fatty....

If you were to go proper I would try and get a spez one, they are pretty sweet....the salsa beargrease is also a nice option imo

CHEAPSKATE :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Yep.

I would kill for The sherrif to order me a new one, but alas, the cash for bikes is drying out.

(i have an interesting project for my one business going on, and have to prioritise)

Half fatty is something / somewhere in the middle between big and standard(its just my terminology), they normally run 3.0 tyres....the nice thing about these are they dont require specific cranks for clearance and it can be rolled back if it doesn't tickle your fancy.

Examples of this is something like the surly krampus...heck you can even make a karate monkey a half fatty with a krampus fork, rabbit hole rims and 3.0 knard tyres...it has enough clearance

I don't think you will get secondhand though wayne, they are not mainstream enough yet.

I would just bite the bullet and go full ape...read full fatty....beargrease or spez

Understood.

Ok, then i want a full on obese burger eating king pie loving fatty.

Whats a half fatty?

I like this....

http://www.specializ.../fat-boy/fatboy

But for a fun bike its a little pricey, so i wanna look tweedehandse

Half fatty is something / somewhere in the middle between big and standard(its just my terminology), they normally run 3.0 tyres....the nice thing about these are they dont require specific cranks for clearance and it can be rolled back if it doesn't tickle your fancy.

Examples of this is something like the surly krampus...heck you can even make a karate monkey a half fatty with a krampus fork, rabbit hole rims and 3.0 knard tyres...it has enough clearance

I don't think you will get secondhand though wayne, they are not mainstream enough yet.

I would just bite the bullet and go full ape...read full fatty....beargrease or spez

dat one... ;) 4 inches of rubber.

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/imgs/products/900x650_constWH/CBOOFATX5_P1.jpg

Understood.

Ok, then i want a full on obese burger eating king pie loving fatty.

My sentiment exactly....go big and shoot the lights out...half baked won't do, it is a nice option if you have frame with enough rear clearance though, cause its not as big outlay....but if I was buying new, go proper fat.

Isn't Grant Usher the agent for Surly, maybe drop him a line, he might know of 1 of his sales wanting to clear?

I saw the On-One when they had frame, fork, wheels with tyres as a bundle, would be keen for the cheapie as a fun bike.

Archived