Sincere help needed.

paulvds

How will you feel if you must sell everything you have to pay for your operation when discovery wont pay the bill 100%

Do you mean DISCOVERY HEALTH (or whatever they are called), IS the real problem?????

Wouldn't surprise me, I was with them for years, then DISCOVERED that my life wasn't worth as much to them as it was to me.

Probably why they're called DISCOVERY

edit grammar

Edited by heyyou

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How will you feel if you must sell everything you have to pay for your operation when discovery wont pay the bill 100%

Do you mean DISCOVERY HEALTH (or whatever they are called), IS the real problem?????

Wouldn't surprise me, I was with them for years, then DISCOVERED that my life wasn't worth as much to them as it was to me.

Probably why they're called DISCOVERY

edit grammar

That's what happens when you don't read the fine print. It is actually YOUR responsibility at the end of the day, and contrary to popular belief, you DO get what you pay for.

That's what happens when you don't read the fine print. It is actually YOUR responsibility at the end of the day, and contrary to popular belief, you DO get what you pay for.

They always tell you ****. my dad had to pay R250 000 after his pacemaker operation and it was approved before the time. After operation they said sorry but it was more than they allow for

Guest Latent Blue

Hi there all hubbers

The plot is not that thick. Spoke to paul, nice oke. He lost everthing. 2 x motorbikes, 2 cars, bicycles ........ He did not hide anything and told me about the cars he had to sell

Had to get money for his operation. Got the big scars on his stomach.

Must love the hub because here we can talk **** first and say sorry later :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Bought the bike

I dont understand why you have to explane why you bought a bike....

People can be sooo.... poochlik!

Either Slowbs the serial moderator was following or he hit the report button himself.

IMHO GREBS WAS NOT OUT OF LINE

They always tell you ****. my dad had to pay R250 000 after his pacemaker operation and it was approved before the time. After operation they said sorry but it was more than they allow for

I'm not sure what your circumstances were so this is not aimed at you directly but,

If you get pre-authorisation with the correct codes and based on the knowledge that you have with people having to pay in, you ask them if there will be a shortfall and they will be able to tell you. Based on the procedure codes supplied by your doctor they will tell you if you are covered or not. If the doctor charges outside the prescribed rate, that is an agreement with your doctor and should be addressed before the procedure.

Medical aids will generally short pay the hospital if there is a co-payment so that you have to settle up with the hospital based on my experience.

A number of off topic posts were removed, those quoting removed posts were also removed to preserve conversation flow.

Yo must be employed by DISCOVERY, obviously, no way do you get what you pay for, otherwise how would they make so much profit???

Should make you think!

Edited by heyyou

Yo must be employed by DISCOVERY, obviously, no way do you get what you pay for, otherwise how would they make so much profit???

Should make you think!

Its a business not a charity.

Its a business not a charity.

Exactly, they do little for you, but as much as they can for themselves!

Is that what you're saying?

Exactly, they do little for you, but as much as they can for themselves!

Is that what you're saying?

No it isnt. What I am saying is what I typed.

Im no fan of medical aid but generally you get what you pay for.

My family has claimed for three hospital stays over the last few years, one involved an operation, and not once did we have to make a co-payment.

Read the rules and understand your cover, it helps.

Should make you think!

Nope. Just a member that bothered to find out how my plan of CHOICE actually worked and read the fine print. Your medical savings is your responsibility. Not their's. That covers all your out of hospital benefits. Spend it wisely. Ask for discount at doctors if you pay cash and claim it back. Check your hospital cover. If you chose 100% cover then that is at medical aid rates and you are in for a hiding second to none. As for medical aids, go do some research. Discovery is one of the top medical aids in the country. Nobody's fault but your own if you haven't bothered to find out how it works.

As for their profits... as mentioned, it's a business not a charity. You can always choose the cheaper government option if you feel that you are being screwed.

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Grebel

The hospitals are just as guilty for charging you for A, B, C... X, Y and Z where you only need A, B and X.

My wife wanted a private room for our second daughter's birth. We ended up paying cash for 2 of the days that she was ACTUALLY occupying the room - the first day (and a half) they didn't have any private rooms available (16 babies born that day, so it was rather hectic).

The hospital then sent a bill for 3 days, and also proceeded to claim the full cost from the medical aid (who declined it, of course).

For my visit to casualty (dislocated AC joint), they charged me for things I never received or that the hospital didn't use when treating me. Noticed it on the claim statement for the medical aid. I had a go at the medical aid for not trying hard enough to defend my case.

Forgive me, but I used to work in a pawn shop, and when we had clients come in that had drug issues... And need to off load goods fast for drug money the stories went much like this one. So I am sorry if this is indeed fact, but it was a blast from the past when I read this.

It had all the traits of drugs, the sincere plead, the horror story , the bazaar products for cash and the despair need for urgent cash...

I did not read the full blog but just the opening and a few others, to prompt this reply.

If you are truly so both sick I with you well.

Edited by Mtblife