Would you trust this?

NixM

So my bike rack was driven into last week while I was parked at a shopping center.

I got the persons contact details and told him I would contact my insurance company. My insurance emailed to say they won't cover the rack.

I then phoned the guy who drove into it and asked him to claim from his insurance, his car was also scratched. He said he is not claiming from insurance and cant I just have it bent straight.

My question is surely this is now a weak spot on the rack and with prolonged vibrating while driving the arm could snap? Would any of you guys trust this.

I have sourced a replacement frame from the supplier and emailed him the quote but he is now not replying to my messages :cursing:

post-19421-0-27405400-1387378362_thumb.jpg

post-19421-0-67678000-1387378370_thumb.jpg

Hmmm, tough call.

Personally, I wouldn't trust that.

The danger to others - however unlikely - of a bike or two dropping onto the road would be the overriding factor for me.

I hate riding my bike with even the smallest of niggles or squeaky sound- the same would apply for my bike rack. "Maak 'n plan" is not always a good plan. So no, I won't.

Edited by Lamber

Do you have his details? Give them to your insurer and ask them to follow it up as part of the claim.

My insurance company is not interested as I had not specified the rack in my policy. Not one of those you think about until it happens. And my car was undamaged.

So annoying - he knows he is liable, he admitted he would have to pay for it and now he is back tracking. What is wrong with people.

Nope....hey moet hoes

End van prent

100% you going to end up losing a bike down the road, involve your insurance, people tend to HEAR BETTER that way, at the moment you just annoying him let the insurance sort it out that's why you pay them , call your broker

If you managed to get any of his insurance details then lodge a third party claim with his insurance company.

I hear everyone shouting that the guy must pay but unless it's specified in the policy document surely they can't just pay out (the claimant) a claim for it? What would they pay out against? Anyway the other guy should do the decent thing and claim from his insurance.

I hear everyone shouting that the guy must pay but unless it's specified in the policy document surely they can't just pay out (the claimant) a claim for it? What would they pay out against? Anyway the other guy should do the decent thing and claim from his insurance.

Sadly the days of decent is loooong gone, if the creature was decent we would be reading a rave comment :)

Don't involve your insurance company as you didn't specify it and don't have damage to your car. Claim from his insurance company even if he is not submitting a claim for himself.