Cedric Gracia's crash

braailegend

See the video is doing the rounds on social media.... Its mad how quickly something can go wrong! Luckily he knew a thing or two about applying pressure to the wound! Remember earlier this year there was a similar accident, that sadly didn't have the ending.

Not for the squeamish,

http://vimeo.com/82378717

Edited by braailegend

Can't see the video?

This happen recently, after he's come back after his other monster crash?

think pretty recent, see his Facebook page has some info and stuff on round the 19Dec mark, this man has walked away from some insane stuff.

wow - that is pretty hectic. Just shows how important it is to have basic medical knowledge. I think cedric must be a cat because he is working through his 9 lives very fast...what a great guy though!

this incident is very scary. To think a small fall like that could end up so hectically. Looks like the end of the handlebar got caught in his pelvic area. am i right?

this incident is very scary. To think a small fall like that could end up so hectically. Looks like the end of the handlebar got caught in his pelvic area. am i right?

Looks like end of bar or brake lever

I think his hip broke and a shard cut the femoral artery if i'm not mistaken.

Nah. Definite penetrative there. Otherwise there would just have been internal bleeding. So it must have been a brake lever.

I think his hip broke and a shard cut the femoral artery if i'm not mistaken.

I understood it to be that too..did they not say it in the video? It must have been said somewhere because we both think that is the cause

I understood it to be that too..did they not say it in the video? It must have been said somewhere because we both think that is the cause

Yeah he did break his pelvis somewhere... but there had to be penetration from something otherwise the bleeding would just have been internal. The guy on the side wouldn't have known that his pelvis was broken just by stemming the blood flow. Maybe it was a previous injury?

Can hear the guy who applied the pressure saying something about broken pelvis... idk if he means the previous crash but that was hip/thigh ? Definite bar to groin i rekon,looks like a rut or something causes him to go out of control.

Felt abit GNAAR after watching it lastnight,wasnt even the gore factor just its real footage and when he says "sorry for swearing my friend ,but im dying" ..... hectic, ... must be pass out sore applying pressure to that artery.

Edited by 2Nutz

Cedric is a soldier of note, this is the side of DH you don't really see or properly comprehend when watching the top riders flying like masters of the universe.

Looks like lots of fun, rose petals and works bikes, what's not to love.