Spruit Spade work

Mileage

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Byron line needs some Roids

So the Brown is the current general trail.

The Green is the 'new Byron line'

The Blue is the proposed 'Roids Byron Line'

post-4310-0-13595200-1389344389_thumb.jpg

The little kicker on the first jump in the Byron line needs some roids :whistling:

The little kicker on the first jump in the Byron line needs some roids :whistling:

Nope, that little baby is just right ;)

Just compress into it, use it as a kicker, not a launch.

The Byron line needs some Roids

So the Brown is the current general trail.

The Green is the 'new Byron line'

The Blue is the proposed 'Roids Byron Line'

post-4310-0-13595200-1389344389_thumb.jpg

I really feel for you guys. You really have to work at it to try and make decent trails.

I am sooo spoilt - these are just some of the hundreds of trails, paths, tracks, single tracks through bush, plantation forest, indigenous forest that we in Louis Trichardt have on our doorstep. The make spans west to west 30kmn of our ever changing mountain, with my house marked with a green marker in the middle.

post-63-0-65220600-1389418300_thumb.jpg

I really feel for you guys. You really have to work at it to try and make decent trails.

I am sooo spoilt - these are just some of the hundreds of trails, paths, tracks, single tracks through bush, plantation forest, indigenous forest that we in Louis Trichardt have on our doorstep. The make spans west to west 30kmn of our ever changing mountain, with my house marked with a green marker in the middle.

Have you ever ridden these trails? The guys here enjoy riding them and plenty of people put work into it and are proud of them. For in the middle of a big city they are flipping good and add immensely to the quality of life for many people here.

So rather than turning this into a pissing contest as to who's got the best trails, why don't you rather start your own thread and tell us about it there. Post some photos or the odd video clip. Maybe some of us would be willing to make a weekend trip up there if they're that good.

Well that's all fine and dandy but you still have to live in Louis Trichardt. Good luck with that

Very nice, few things better than indigenous forest to build and ride in, have you got good gradient to work with there? Yeah, unfortunately it takes a ton of work to build anything rideable here and there's not a lot of decent soil and material to work with but we're slowly stringing sections together. It's also very flat and pedally for long sections but that's a good workout in itself and it makes it all the more fun when we do get to visit places like Karkloof and Cascades, etc (you'll have to give us a tour of your neck of the woods som etime). You've got to work with what you've got, though, and with a bit more blood, sweat and soil we'll have some pretty decent trail eventually, given the urban context.

Edited by Rata Del Spruit

Have you ever ridden these trails? The guys here enjoy riding them and plenty of people put work into it and are proud of them. For in the middle of a big city they are flipping good and add immensely to the quality of life for many people here.

So rather than turning this into a pissing contest as to who's got the best trails, why don't you rather start your own thread and tell us about it there. Post some photos or the odd video clip. Maybe some of us would be willing to make a weekend trip up there if they're that good.

Forgive the slight thread detour, I think you might have missed the point. Looks to me it was out of respect for the effort to get trails/add enjoyment in the Spruit that he has compared his good fortune. There is a lot more focus lately on gratitude for the people who wade through endless red tape to improve the trail offering for all who use it. Guvment is sure not easily convinced good trails are for the better.. Plantations however have seen the light but also not without strict management..

When I look at 30kms compared to the small everyday wins happening in the Spruit, the contrast makes me appreciate the effort even more. Guy in Pink, you really are spoilt and I'm glad you know it.

Forgive the slight thread detour, I think you might have missed the point. Looks to me it was out of respect for the effort to get trails/add enjoyment in the Spruit that he has compared his good fortune.

Yea sorry I didn't get it that way - maybe 20% respect but 80% gloating if you ask me. It goes without saying that we'd all rather have the soutpansberg to work with.

Anyway if you guys are building need some help I'm happy to come by and pitch in - will only be able to make it around 4pm.

Thanks to the guys that pulled through to help yesterday :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 more build day and the line should be complete, then we can just add small features now and then.

Thanks to the guys that pulled through to help yesterday :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 more build day and the line should be complete, then we can just add small features now and then.

I am back from holiday and the first KZN enduro so I am keen to help :thumbup:

Nope, that little baby is just right ;)

Just compress into it, use it as a kicker, not a launch.

That little bump is perfect for nose-manualling jump #1 :thumbup:

That little bump is perfect for nose-manualling jump #1 :thumbup:

I shall try that, so far I have not been putting much effort into it and aiming for the top of the table top so I can focus on the double and the gap.

Re Safety.

Have a friend, not on the forum asking,

Riding alone during the week? Remember while back we had some problems at Jukskei Spruit.

Assuming weekends are good with all the people there.

G